PDA

View Full Version : sprite

zeldafan500
09-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Maybe there could be an option to use a diferent set of tiles for links sprite in certain places. Maybe in the screen data there is a checkbox 'use link sprite 2 3 or 4'

zeldafan500
09-23-2006, 10:27 AM
...So i guess my idea stinks and thus nobody replyed. Well then forget i even said anything.

Brandon
09-23-2006, 11:51 AM
No, it's just that the idea is so good that it has already been suggested 500 times in the past.

zeldafan500
09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
ok....

Mega Link
09-23-2006, 01:17 PM
No, it's just that the idea is so good that it has already been suggested 500 times in the past.
I don't get it.

{DSG}DarkRaven
09-23-2006, 10:45 PM
What he is suggesting is that on certain screens, the tileset used for the player would change, much in the same way that Link changed into a rabbit in LTTP, unless he had the Moon Pearl. This idea is a little different, and allows for some interesting things, but just like the Moon Pearl, it's been suggested before.

Limzo
09-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Um, link tile mods anyone?
We already have something that can do this, so why would we need it again?

{DSG}DarkRaven
09-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Wait, we can do this already? 'Splain how.

zeldafan500
09-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Ya how?

ShadowTiger
09-25-2006, 12:38 PM
The Link Tile Mods are dependent on the item that you get. Each (normal) item has a LTM mod tag on it. You set that to a number to offset Link's tiles by that number when he gets that item. It also adds to that offset when you collect other items which have been similarly tagged.

For example, if you get the Boots with a tag of 60, and the blue ring with a tag of 100, it'll look for Link's tiles in row 160. (60 + 100 = 160)

The actual suggestion in this thread is Dmap-based Link Modifiers. Simply put, if you're in a Dmap, it'll use either the default Link Tiles, or the Link tiles specified by the Dmap.

IMHO, it should be a box which brings up the Quest-->Graphics-->Sprites-->Link dialog, but with values specific to that Dmap rather than global values. (Value = Image / animation of Link.)

Now all it'd need is to either use the Default Link tiles, the Dmap-specific Link tiles, or the Dmap-Specific PLUS Link Tile Mods. So it'd be a pulldown of one of those.

zeldafan500
09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
I mean a part of the screen data that sais 'use link tileset default, second, or third'

Tygore
09-25-2006, 03:11 PM
This COULD be done with tile mods, but it would be VERY tricky. Just use the miscellaneous items.

Limzo
09-27-2006, 12:03 PM
And the "Z" items. Those will now work a treat for this kinda thing.

But if we used Zeldafan's idea we should get to chose which CSet to use for the sprites.

Tygore
09-28-2006, 02:40 PM
I agree, having the option would be MUCH easier. On the current Link editor, on the top list of tabs, there could simply be "Land 2" "Water 2" "Land 3" etc. I see three options for switching the sprites. The first is the aforementioned screenflag that displays the appropriate alternate sprite. The second would be the option to make the sprites DMap specific. The third is like the screenflag, but acts as a PERMANENT swap. Basically, a trigger that can be placed anywhere that permanently changes Link's sprite data.

Also, while we're on the subject of the bunny: maybe options for the alternate sprites. "Restrict" checkboxes as a seperate tab, kind like it's own version of quest rules. Restrict Sword, Restrict (Choose item class here), Restrict Swim, etc. These would obviously override any equipment Link already has.