PDA

View Full Version : Whistle?

The_Amaster
09-20-2006, 10:48 AM
How exactly does the whistle/ocarana work. That is, how does it know where do deposit you. See, I have never really used it in games, and I thought I just dropped you at the entrance to each level based on Dmaps, but than I played this one quest, and it put you one screen down from it. How's it work?

Pineconn
09-20-2006, 03:23 PM
You need to go to Quest -> Misc Data -> Whistle Warps. Edit any whistle warp. The DMap and screen # is where the whistle will warp you to. Now, the number of the warp is important. The whistle will only take you to a warp with the value of a Triforce Piece you have. For instance, when you get the Level 1 Triforce, you can warp to only the warp 1 location. If you have 1 and 4, you'll toggle between 1 and 4. (And so on.)

This is a trick some of you may not know. When you have used the whistle, if you face to the right and blow the whistle again, it will take you to the next warp in order. However, if you face left and blow the whistle again, it will take you to the previous warp. (If you're at #2, blow the whistle to the right, it'll take you to #3. Blow it to the left, it'll take you to #1.)

EDIT: Note that the Go function of the Whistle Warp screen is broken.

LinkMaster500
09-20-2006, 04:17 PM
And also remember that the whistle warp spots do not have to be at the entrances to Levels although that was the case in the original game. You can also use the whistle warp trick to have a particular area only accessible once you get a certain Triforce piece.

erm2003
09-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Just another add on. To designate exactly where Link will appear on the screen when arriving via whistle warp, use the GREEN square.

Great job explaining it all guys!