PDA

View Full Version : changing enemy csets

fopo3141
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Is it possible to change which cset a specific enemy uses? Can you do it in Zquest, does it require another program, or is it even possible to do it at all? While I'm on the subject, is it possible to get a specific combo to use a cset other than the ones that you can get to by pressing + and - (i.e. one of the sprite csets)?

Pineconn
09-19-2006, 06:30 PM
It's not possible to change which CSet an enemy uses unfortunately.

Also, what exactly do you mean setting the combo CSet as another than the ones you get by pressing + and - ? I think the answer to your question is no if I understand it correctly... Possibly another member could comprehend that more clearly than me. :shrug:

fopo3141
09-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Basically, I mean the basic set of csets. my question was can you use, for example, sprite csets on regular tiles? I ask this because the tile editor has an option that lets you change the sprite pallates. Why would that be there if you can't actually use them?

Nicholas Steel
09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Is it possible to change which cset a specific enemy uses? Can you do it in Zquest, does it require another program, or is it even possible to do it at all? While I'm on the subject, is it possible to get a specific combo to use a cset other than the ones that you can get to by pressing + and - (i.e. one of the sprite csets)?

anything is possible if you put you mind to it computer wise.

Pineconn
09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
*sigh* Franpa, franpa, franpa... :rolleyes:

You can only use the currect CSets on combos. If you have the DMap set to a different palette, note the different pallette will change only the colors of CSets 2, 3, and 4.

(BTW, you can change the palette of the screen in ZQuest in Data -> Palette. Please know that this will only change it in ZQuest and not the actual game. The palette of a screen in the actual game is determined in the DMap editor and affects the entire DMap.)