PDA

View Full Version : A "Next" Idea...

Rakki
09-18-2006, 02:11 AM
You know, it's really hard to not notice all the suggestions for Blank->Next combos that are present on the forums here. Now, I just had an idea (thanks to Pikaguy's recent Next suggestion). What if we simply added a "Next Combo" FLAG to perform "Next" duties on whatever we wanted? It could work like the Singular flags do, inherently, or it could simply be placed on the screen, if that would suffice. It'd probably be best if it worked either way, though. But yeah, it'd simply make the combo on which it was triggered turn into the next combo in the list.

Nimono
09-18-2006, 04:04 PM
You know, it's really hard to not notice all the suggestions for Blank->Next combos that are present on the forums here. Now, I just had an idea (thanks to Pikaguy's recent Next suggestion). What if we simply added a "Next Combo" FLAG to perform "Next" duties on whatever we wanted? It could work like the Singular flags do, inherently, or it could simply be placed on the screen, if that would suffice. It'd probably be best if it worked either way, though. But yeah, it'd simply make the combo on which it was triggered turn into the next combo in the list.

I doubt that'd work, since it'd end up making it change by you just being on it. If you put it on Water, it'd activate when you swim over it.

redmage777
09-21-2006, 03:21 AM
How about a list of blank->previous combos of a "Previous comb" flag?

ShadowTiger
09-21-2006, 10:39 AM
How about a list of blank->previous combos of a "Previous comb" flag?

IMHO, this is something to deal with for combo cycling. For example: (ASCII Art time!) This is a 4x1 snippet of the combo page:

XODP
X = This would be the equivalent of your "___->Previous" combo. It just happens to be referring to its right (Next) instead of to its left (Previous) but it would achieve the same effect.
O = The combo you place down into the world. Has a ___->Next property.
D = The result of "using" the previous combo. If you want, make it a ___->Next combo.
P = This combo cycles *VERY* quickly to X

redmage777
09-21-2006, 12:15 PM
I figured there was some trick of that nature involved... A lot simpler then I expected too. I need to play around with those combos a bit more. (Hosestly most my Testing has been done in Z-Quest, I havent fired up the player in weeks.)

It just seemed to me that it make sence to reverse the process for toggle effects and Grow-back bushes. Apperently that isn't as nessacary is I thought.