PDA

View Full Version : Isle of the Winds Save

Joe123
09-17-2006, 08:05 AM
In levels A, C and presumably B (although I haven't checked) in Isle of the Winds, If you save after completing the dungeons, when you reopen the file it loads inside a wall in the back of the final room of the dungeons. I've now stumbled into the twice, the first time was in level C when I didn't have the hammer, and so couldn't complete the final room. I saved, because I'd beaten the Patra in the dungeon, but when I loaded it again i was trapped in the upper left hand corner. I started the game over again, which was a pain because I was half way through level 7, but seeing as I now knew where to go, it wasnt so bad. I have now reached halfway through level 8, and just found the hammer in level A. As you would, I saved the game after beating the dungeon, but when I reopened the file I was once again stuck in the top left hand corner of the final room. If you could fix this problem and repost the game so that I don't have to start over again it would be very much appreciated.

erm2003
09-17-2006, 10:28 AM
This is a known bug with this quest. It is more of a quest bug than a ZC bug though since it can actually be fixed in the quest and I believe the newer betas have eliminated the continue bugs. DFW has been talking about doing an update on the quests to make them work in the most recent versions so that this continue bug can be fixed.

Here is what you can do meanwhile. The file for this quest at www.purezc.com is more recent and it may fix some of these continue bugs. You can download it from there, overwrite your current quest file, and try playing from where you left off. You may be lucky and the bug may be fixed so that you can continue.

If that doesn't work, you may be stuck again. Please note that this quest was built using ZC 1.92 beta 183. If you don't want to run into continue problems, you will want to play quests in the version of ZC that they were built in. That will typically solve ALL your problems.

Good luck.

DarkDragon
09-17-2006, 01:05 PM
As this is not a ZC bug, I'm moving it to Quest Announcement/Discussion.

DarkFlameWolf
09-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Furthermore, the latest version at PureZC eliminates the 'continue here' flag for Levels A, B and C. So saving your game inside one of those dungeons shouldn't start you at that dungeon. But rather take you to the last 'Continue Here' flag you encountered.