PDA

View Full Version : Fullscreen In Mac OS X ZC

Modus Ponens
09-17-2006, 12:02 AM
How do I make the OS X version of ZC run fullscreen? I've tried hitting it, I've tried yelling at it.... Of course, in the Windows version, it's as easy as adding a switch to the command line, but, and bear in mind that I'm not too well-versed in the use of OS X, I can't figure out how to elicit the same effect on my Mom's Mac.

PLZ ADVISE
KTHXBYE

P.S. Advise within the next thirty minutes and you could win a NEW CAR*!

*Void everywhere. Some restrictions may apply.

DarkDragon
09-17-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm not familiar with macs, but I imagine you just go to the OS X shell and type zelda -fullscreen?

Try PMing _L_, he's a fairly active OS X user and might be able to give you detailed help.

Modus Ponens
09-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Thanks. Will do.

Oh, and, uh, sorry, no new car. But, you know, thanks anyway for your prompt reply.

EDIT: Aaaaand I have the answer, courtesy of my friendly neighborhood _L_. Just in case any stray OS X user clicks into this thread hoping to find out how it's done, I'll elucidate: simply control-click the ZC icon and choose "Show Package Contents". Then modify the ag.cfg file with your favorite text editor (I used TextEdit--fewer calories), and change the values of the items resx and resy from their small, old values of 320 and 240 to something larger and to your liking, like, say, 800 and 600, or whatever.

It seems that there is no actual way to make the game run in true fullscreen, which really is okay, since you can get it so close that it doesn't matter too much.

Love For Fire
09-19-2006, 09:11 AM
I followed those directions... it plays in a bigger window, but the actual game is still the same size. Now there's just a black void surrounding it.

Nicholas Steel
09-19-2006, 09:43 AM
you have to also change the line sbig=0 to sbig=1 in the ag.cfg file (it enlarges the game to fill the higher res more)