PDA

View Full Version : Forum Searching

Modus Ponens
09-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Why can't we general rabble search the message board?

Sincerely,
Gen. Rabble

DarkDragon
09-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Supposedly it adds substantial load to the server hosting AGN.

The ability to search is one of the perks available to paid subscribers.

ShadowTiger
09-17-2006, 12:26 AM
It used to be available to ZC Beta testers so they could search old threads for bugs to help verify them, but that's no longer available; not sure why.

Probably since all the bugs are "more organized" now. Eh, every little bit helps. :p

DarkDragon
09-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Since beta testing is now public that beta tester group has pretty much fallen into chaos; some people still have the previliges associated therewith, you apparently do not. If you feel access to search would increase your effectiveness as a beta tester by all means PM an admin about it; you have my complete blessing for what it's worth ;)

Modus Ponens
09-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey, thanks, bud, but I'm not much of an active beta tester. I would mainly like to see if the suggestions I have in mind have already been made.

I know! I can post a thread asking someone with search privilages to check for me! It would be just like posting the suggestions outright, except that...it...would suck.

Okay, well, nevermind.

Exdeath
09-17-2006, 12:51 AM
It's great being able to search now that I'm a premium member. That and not having to wait for 1000 posts for Custom Avatars heh.

Modus Ponens
09-17-2006, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I guess there's probably not too much to do in the Cleft of Dimension other than search through old posts and change your custom avatar.

Exdeath
09-17-2006, 02:51 AM
Hah.

Anyway, I've been wondering for years why search was disabled. I only learned of the premium accounts a few weeks ago. Woulda probably signed up before.

:D