PDA

View Full Version : A mirrored Twilight Princess?

WindStrike
09-15-2006, 03:40 PM
http://www.thehylia.com/index.php
http://www.thehylia.com/images/news_images/flippedzeldaab9.jpg

... that just made my freaking day. It's a cool idea for that... my only problem is...: Why the heck did they make Link right-handed in the Wii version? Sure, the whole rest of the game got mirrored too, but seriously... it just broke the tradition of a left-handed Link. Unless Myamoto suddenly went right-handed, I really don't think mirroring Link himself was a good idea.

... I still think it's freaking hysterical, regardless of the whole mirror Link.

Warlock
09-15-2006, 03:50 PM
That doesn't mean anything. You're looking at two different builds of the game. How do you know that specific room wasn't just mirrored?

Kairyu
09-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I would assume they'd have options for using the sword with either hand. One of the things they mentioned about the controller is that you can hold it with either hand pretty easily, and many of the recent DS games have been designed to have 'mirrored' controls available for lefties.

Warlock
09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
I would assume they'd have options for using the sword with either hand. One of the things they mentioned about the controller is that you can hold it with either hand pretty easily, and many of the recent DS games have been designed to have 'mirrored' controls available for lefties.

Yeah I was thinking that. I think Link should of course default to righty, but if you set some "Lefty" option he'll use his left hand. In fact, that's the kind of thing that should be stored with the system (or the controller's own flash memory)

Modus Ponens
09-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I always liked that Link was left-handed. It gave him an additional bit of character that was necessary back when he didn't have that much. Of course, he still used his sword with his right hand when he faced East, because of the Hylian superstition about keeping your shield toward Death Mountain (i.e. sprite mirroring). I hope that it's possible to play the Wii version with a lefty Link.

Orion
09-15-2006, 11:48 PM
It's confirmed that they switched Link to a righty in the Wii version of TP. Miyamoto said it looked awkward when the majority of gamers are playing right handed and Link was swinging with his left.

The GC version will feature the traditional lefty Link.

link1426
09-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Phantom Hourglass will still be lefty if the GC version of Twilight is still lefty

i still say for 3rd person games such as Zelda you should be able to change the controls so that the hand that holds the weapon is left

but for metroid never, it would screw up cutscenes

MottZilla
09-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Well that's retarded cause I'm left-handed. Screw the rest of you. ;p

goKi
09-16-2006, 01:45 AM
It's definately to do with the Wii controls.

biggiy05
09-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Well that's retarded cause I'm left-handed. Screw the rest of you. ;p

Seconded.

erm2003
09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm not left-handed, but I do agree that this kinda sucks for you guys. It would be really cool if they could program the game so that the users can choose left or right and Link could hold the items accordingly.

MottZilla
09-16-2006, 11:55 AM
That makes me wonder then how they may assume in some games that you are holding the wiimote and nunchuck with specific hands, i.e. sword controlled by your right hand holding whichever. I don't think it really matters though that much.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I am right handed, and although I hate to see Link use his left hand, it works out best for me. :)