PDA

View Full Version : I am new here so bear with me first new quest help

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
09-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I think this is where I am suppose to asks for help with quests.

Ok I am playing The First New Quest with Z101

So far I went to Level 1 and beat that. Level 1 is where the arrow, shield, and boms were sold in the originial zelda 1. It is to the right of the fairy near where you could use the power bracelet to take shortcuts in zelda 1. Level 1 had the arrow for me just like the originial but I had to beat the orginial 1 boss just to get the compass. This time the level 4 boss I had to beat to get the peace of triforce and heart container. I did that. Where the orginial level 1 was the orange monster looking guy giving me 10 rupies. Ok so now I found level 2 it is at the rock where you got a heart container in the originial zelda. It was not easy as the map was confusing but I think it was done that way on purpose but I eventually beat it. Also in this level was the blue candle. Ok so I have the candle thank goodness so I go and burn a tree at the corner near where the old level 4 was in zelda 1 this time I get to buy the raft for 200 rupees leave to go get more rupees come back and the shield is there for 180 rupees. Cool deal. Well I go to level 3 and guess what the first room is blocked off. You can not bomb to go to the next room and you can not walk thru a wall. Also in this quest I tried to go to get the white sword and I could not there was no stairs to walk up to go get it. I assume I will need the ladder to walk around at some point to go get it. Also I tried to go to the graveyard and I couldnt the stairs were not there either. So I am totally lost has anyone played this quest and if so how do I find the white sword and how do I get started in level 3?

LinkMaster500
09-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes this is the forum where you ask for help with specific custom quests.

Unfortunately, your description does not seem to be of a quest I'm familar with, but I am interested in trying it out. What exactly you mean by "The First New Quest with Z101?" Is that the name of the quest? If not, what is the name of the quest?"

Also, did you download it from this web site?

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
09-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Ok I have virtuanes emulator and it was a rom when I downloaded zelda I got a bunch of other zeldas besides the originial zelda. This was one of the 2 top ones that interested me right away. A lot of things have been moved around. Yes that is the name of the quest on the rom. No it was not downloaded from this website. Am I allowed to share where I downloaded it from? If not just pm me and I can tell you personally.

Tanza
09-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Well that was a ROM and these forums are generally for QUESTS. Quests are made using the Zelda Classic programming application. More than likely, most people won't know much about non-quests (ie rom hacks, etc).

And no, roms are usually a no-no on public forums.

LinkMaster500
09-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Another thing is that whoever did the ROM hack might have accidentally made the game such that it is not possible to beat it due to bugs, unlike quests made through ZQuest where people usually allow people to beta test it to check for errors.

And just as Tanza said, links to ROMs likely are not allowed on these forums because they are technically illegal.