PDA

View Full Version : Ganons Claim..

dadio
09-15-2006, 12:43 AM
@ DarkFlameWolf
I`m loving this quest. It`s not as "epic" as Isle of the Wind, but the overworld is very nicely laid out & really uses the space well.. also, it seems to be less punishing than IotW & because the world is so compact & there are only 6 dungeons it feels more possible to complete.
Anyway, my question is this:
I seem to be getting through this one fairly fast & I was wondering if it`s ok if I released an overworld map of this game with locations of all items & maps of the dungeons too.. with advice on how to play it? (Kind of an illustrated walkthrough I guess?) I think alot of people would appreciate having something to fall back on when they get stuck & frustrated.. players who have went through the quest once already could go back for another playthrough without having to have memorised all the bombable wall locations too.. & the maps would also serve as excellent samples of great design to inspire others.
Would it be ok if I went ahead with this or would you rather I didn`t?

EDIT: Also, if anyone else who`s a fan of DarkFlameWolf`s work thinks this would be a good idea & useful (or a bad idea).. let me know.

Love For Fire
09-15-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm also a fan of DFWs games... it sounds like a noble idea, but it really would spoil the game for others who would look at it. If anything, you could be there to answer questions people have about the game. Maybe you could even make this, but only for people who specifically ask for it, as opposed to a public release. I remember myself taking notes on the Hidden Duality, so when I tried Xtreme Mode, I pretty much knew where everything was.

DarkFlameWolf
09-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Well, if you want to take the initiative to make maps and a walkthrough, by all means, I'm not stopping you. I simply don't have the time myself to create them. So, if you want to add that to the community, make that your project and roll with it.