PDA

View Full Version : Blocked from AGN

rocksfan13
09-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Well, it's official. They have blocked AGN where I work. I logged on today and BAM a big ole' ACCESS DENIED screen came up.

So, needless to say you won't see me on as much. I'm not saying I'm leaving, just won't be on during the day anymore. Only at night and on the weekeands. This couldn't have come a worse time.

Anyway..... See you guys around. When I can.

Thanks to elise for submitting the things that I have found while I was at work.

DarkDragon
09-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Ouch, that really sucks. Have you tried to access the forums through a web proxy, such as those found here (http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Proxying_and_Filtering/Hosted_Proxy_Services/Free/CGI_Proxy/)?

ONeilcool
09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
kproxy.com

tntproxy.com

and handsoffmycomputer.com are all other good proxies

rocksfan13
09-14-2006, 07:27 PM
The problem with that is they use their own proxy to get through.

Would I be able to use these too?

zeldafan500
09-14-2006, 08:01 PM
man, that must stink...

*96th post! 4 more to go before i have 100!*

Beldaran
09-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Internet Options --> Connections --> Lan Settings

Uncheck "Automatically Detect Settings" and "Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN"

They tried to block me from work over the summer, but I just changed those settings and could access anything I wanted.

Modus Ponens
09-14-2006, 11:54 PM
...Anything except your emotions, you Vulcan bastard.

Beldaran
09-14-2006, 11:59 PM
...Anything except your emotions, you Vulcan bastard.

Rivermen are... highly illogical. [arches one eyebrow]

Starkist
09-15-2006, 12:35 AM
Internet Options --> Connections --> Lan Settings

Uncheck "Automatically Detect Settings" and "Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN"

They tried to block me from work over the summer, but I just changed those settings and could access anything I wanted.

That is like putting a plate of cookies in the middle of a kindergarten classroom and putting a paper towel over them, hoping it will keep them out.

The smart people aren't working in IT, they're messing with what IT does.

Beldaran
09-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Yeah, the guy who ran network security was an intern and we all just sort of chuckled at the "security measures" taken to keep us off of certain websites.

Aegix Drakan
09-15-2006, 08:43 AM
awww man...

I'll miss reading your posts rocksfan. hope you find a way around the blockage.

moocow
09-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Wow, that sucks. They blocked us from AGN at school once, I forget how we got back in...

Archibaldo
09-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Ah yes the glorious power of proxy's. At my high school, every one had thier own laptop(given to them by the school) and the whole school had wireless connection where ever you went. Each class room had an airport. What is the point of my story you may ask? Well, with unlimited internet usage during class, kids were visiting sites that were 'forbidden'. It started out as just internet chat sites, then the administrator started looking at the 'history' file on each computer(the staff could acess any students computer with their computer) and started to block the most popular sites. After that, it went to any sites that had any thing involving the ability to play games. Hence forth, Penny Arcade was bocked, even though I'm 100% positive that I was the only student visiting that site.

Now for my point. The proxy browsers work wonders. The one I used the most was anonymouse.com or something. It's been a while.

AtmaWeapon
09-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Um if they observed a high enough rate of access to internet forums to justify blocking a single site through their proxy, it may be a bad idea to use further proxies to get around this access.

Obviously they want you working and not posting and this is a beginning step in the escalation of a problem. Knowingly and willingly defeating this access denial mechanism is pretty much a fast track to discipline at all the places I have worked.

Not saying don't do it, but choose wisely.

ZTC
09-15-2006, 11:46 AM
proxies are your friend

but... it might be a good idea to lay low for awhile before you start messing with that stuff :shrug:

elise
09-15-2006, 01:59 PM
He tried them all they were all blocked :shakeno:

rocksfan13
09-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Yes guys, they are all blocked.

Just have to wait till I get home to see y'all that's all. I did try though. Thanks for all your support.

Prrkitty
09-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Come back as much as ya can hon :)
Good luck...
<hug>

Technowiz
09-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey ROCKSFAN13 sorry I haven't talked to you in the while. sorry about the work thing same thing happened to me earlier. I can't wait till you finish links retirement. Tell me when you're done so i can play. stay cool :cool: man don't let your boss get to you.

elise
09-24-2006, 06:46 AM
I can't wait till you finish links retirement. Tell me when you're done so i can play.
It is already finished and you can find it in the questdatabase http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=295 ;)

rocksfan13
09-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Actually that isn't the most updated version.You can find the most recent either at Purezc or Here (http://www.zeldaclassicforum.com/showthread.php?t=885)