PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 13

Dark Nation
09-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Get it here:

Windows:
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 13 for Windows (full version) (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/zc211b13w.zip) - Unzip this into your zc beta folder.
Patched version of ZQ that fixes fatal Compiler bug (http://jman2050.armageddongames.net/ZCBeta/zquestb13patch.zip)

Linux:
Zelda Classic beta 13 for Linux(full version) (http://jman2050.armageddongames.net/ZCBeta/zc211b13.tar.gz)

OS X:
Zelda Classic beta 13 for Mac OS X 10.3.8 or older(full version) (http://knj.randomskk.net/zc/ZC-O-b13.tar.bz2)
Zelda Classic beta 13 for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer(full version) (http://knj.randomskk.net/zc/ZC-N-b13.tar.bz2)

ZC Beta 13 list:

Added some argument to the compiler, fixed a few compiler bugs.
Fixed the editbox flicker bug.
Included string for zq_custom memset error.
Fixed some internal compiler bugs.
Disabled ice combos until they can be fixed.
Separated out the input-reading code to make it more modular.
Removed INPUTSENABLED as you can now manually null out any key inputs by doing a SETV or SETR on them (SETV INPUTB,0 will disable your item button for that frame).
Merged FORCED and GET script commands into INPUT (FORCEDLEFT and GETLEFT are now accessed by INPUTLEFT).
Added a new quest rule - 'No invisible border in non-dungeon dmaps'.
Fixed a bug where the compiler symbol table generator did not recur into the index of arrays accesses.
Added a button to reset item action data to default.
Fixed the Fire 2 sprite, and gave it the same behavior as Fire 1, until DN finishes implementing it.
Fixed the bug with the tile grabber only properly reading graphic files in the same format as the snapshot format in the options dialog.
Fixed the color reduction bug in the tile grabber.
Minor fix to the help dialog.
Tweaked the editbox slider math to account for the slider to maybe not have length in the correct ratio, due to having a minimum size.
Fixed a dark room bug being caused by the darkroom boolean not being updated every time it needed to be.
Fixed a bug where darkness would return before ALL flames in a room were extinguished if the temporary lit room quest rule was set.
Fixed an issue with loading FFC positions in older quests.
The drawing tools in the tile editor now obey the selection outline.
The Ctrl-B in the tile list window will now do conversion from 8-bit to 4-bit color. Holding the Alt key while doing this causes a color reduction (like in the tile grabber) instead of a color truncation. Holding the Shift key down while doing a reduction causes color 0 to always stay color 0. This allows you to convert a tile from one cset to another. For instance, if you import/grab some tiles but the colors don't look right in any of your csets, import a cset that works for the tiles. Then, convert to 8-bit. Finally, switch to a cset that has all or most of the colors in the correct cset, and do a color reduction.
The A key in the tile editor now sets the current selection to the entire tile.
Fixed the tile leech function for the ZC tile formats.
Fixed the grabber for the ZC tile formats (TIL, ZGP, QSU).
Fixed the bug with the 8-bit tile conversion wouldn't properly handle color 0 unless you were holding the shift key when clicking on the OK button of the confirmation dialog.
Fixed the bug where the + key wasn't working in the combo list screen.
Fixed the bug where changing screens or maps wouldn't reset the depth fields for the dungeon carving and relation drawing modes.
Fixed the bug where bombs would hit enemies twice.
Finished implementing the lasso tool in the tile editor (hookshot). Now, it draws rectangular selections. With no keys pressed, it sets the current selection to the new selection. With the shift key pressed (and a selection already defined), it adds the new selection to the current selection. With the alt key pressed (and a selection already defined), it subtracts the new selection from the current selection. With both the shift and alt keys pressed (and a selection already defined), it sets the current selection to the intersection between the current selection and the new selection.
Finally converted the leech status box to use jwin-style drawing.
Added the ZQT format to the grabber and tile leech function.
Added a new tool: magic wand (stick with crystal on it). Like the lasso, it handles selections. However, instead of a rectangular selection, the new selection is all the pixels in the current tile that have the same color as the pixel that was clicked.
Added "Original" to the bit depth list in the tile leech function when leeching from ZC tile formats. This allows you to use whatever format the original tiles were in.
Fixed the bug where click on the OK, Cancel, or File buttons on the grabber screen in ZQuest would crash the program on some machines.
Fixed the bug where .TIL files weren't displaying in the tile grabber.
Fixed a bug in the editbox where pasting text would paste in the incorrect place in the backing buffer.
Fixed a bug in the editbox where hitting 'V' would close the window.
Added hex (0xF) and binary (1111b) constants to the ZScript language.
Added break and continue keywords to the ZScript language.
Fixed a bug where the WARP commands wouldn't work correctly.
Fixed a bug with picking up the Triforce from a nonstandard direction.
Moved the FF combo stack out of the mapscr struct, GREATLY reducing the memory used per mapscr (down to almost 6K from a whopping 38K. Or, more realistically, 188MB for full 255 maps, down from 1.3 GB). It owuld probably be a good idea to move more unsa
Fixed an effing HUUUUUUUUUGE memory leak, and a not-so-huge memory leak, both having to do with the no subscreen screen flag. I think this may have been the actual cause of the RANDOM crashes that have been reported while in this mode.
Shadows now use their own sprite's cset and flip information rather than that of the sprite that's casting the shadow.
Added a line number display to the ZScript buffer editor.
Added a button to export the ZScript buffer of a quest, and relayed out the ZScript dialog somewhat.
Fixed a tiny cosmetic bug in TRACER where the negative sign would be repeated to the right of the decimal point when printing a negative number.
Added RadianSin, RadianCos, and RadianTan to the ZScript standard library.
Touched up the tile grabber screen to use the jwin style.
Fixed the bug where pressing the Esc key in the tile grabber file dialog or leech dialog or leech truncation dialog would cause ZQuest to go back to the tile screen instead of the grabber screen.
Fixed bug with displaying ZQT file tiles in the tile grabber.
Added a new 4x6 pixel font and made the script editor default to it.
Fixed a bug where wind wizzrobes no longer shot wind.
Fixed a bug where peahats were not being stunned while on the ground by the wooden boomerang.
Fixed a bug where the Patra BS minions were using the wrong cset.
Fixed a bug where Rope 2 didn't flash.
Fixed a bug where Patra (Oval) was using the wrong tile when using new enemy tiles.
Fixed a bug where all Patra were using the wrong animation style when using new enemy tiles.
New tile animation for boulders was bad broken, old tile animation totally broken, and some of its guydata bogus. Corrected.
Fixed a bug where loading a QSU or ZQT file into the tile grabber would change things in the current quest.
Added the ability to load QST files into the grabber. If they are password protected, you will be prompted to enter the password.
Added the ability to rip 8-it tiles from compatible formats. If any part of a 16x16 tile is touching an 8-bit tile, the entire 16x16 section will be rendered as 8-bit. Otherwise, it'll be rendered a 4-bit
Fixed a bug where the grabmask wasn't being rendered properly when combining tiles of different bit depths. Also fixed the bug where the grabber wasn't properly extracting the proper tile format of the selected tile.

If you submitted a bug that we "fixed" (check the quarantined bug forums if you can't remember), please test it and post in your bug report thread to let us know if this fixed it.

BACK UP YOUR QUESTS BEFORE YOU USE THIS ON THEM!

ZTC
09-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Keep up the great work :kawaii: :thumbsup:

*goes to download*

CJC
09-14-2006, 02:56 PM
You guys are really making leaps and bounds with the bug fixes, I'm suprised how quickly the new betas have been poping out.

As always, your effort is appreciated.
-CJC

jman2050
09-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Added Linux build to first post

_L_
09-15-2006, 01:28 AM
OS X: Not available yet

*sniffle*

Modus Ponens
09-15-2006, 01:39 AM
There, there, _L_. All of us want the OS X version.

...Except for most of us. But I do want it, too.

jman2050
09-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Edited post to include patched version of ZQ that fixes fatal compiler bug. Hopefully it works well. Regardless, we WILl release a 13b to address this and other bugs.

Nicholas Steel
09-16-2006, 01:39 AM
(small cosmetic issues with the zquest patch)
1) the zquest file icon is not included within the exe file.
2) the file itself is named zquest.exe rather then zquest-w.exe
---
is this a dos version of zquest? (i highly doubt it.)

DarkDragon
09-16-2006, 01:45 AM
No. Just rename it and it should work fine.
That patch is just that, a rush-job to fix the compiler bug. We'll be releasing an official 13b with fixes for some other major b13 bugs in the future.

jman2050
09-16-2006, 05:08 PM
OS X build added to first post. It's a tad more recent than the other betas, so expect a few minor fixes.

_L_
09-16-2006, 10:27 PM
And about time too.

The_Amaster
09-17-2006, 10:58 AM
There, there, _L_. All of us want the OS X version.

...Except for most of us. But I do want it, too.
Ya know, for the record, I'd like an OS 9 version. An impossible dream, but man....that would be great.

Modus Ponens
09-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah, and I'd like a solid-gold pony. But what are you going to do, you know?

Coder GT
09-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Nice, I was waiting for a new release...

XMuppetSB
09-20-2006, 08:27 PM
The Beta 13 I downloaded doesn't even work!:mad:
On second thought, none of the 2.11 betas I have work anymore!

ShadowTiger
09-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Worked for me. :p What was your error that you recieved?

XMuppetSB
09-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Worked for me. :p What was your error that you recieved?

*Sigh* I just had to restart the computer in order for 2.11 to work.:rolleyes:

ZeldaFan001
09-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Not bad, looking forward to this being finished.

Nimono
09-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I can't open the ZQuest patch. I get the following error:
"This application failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

2 other programs on my computer require this file, and I get errors about it whenever I start up this computer. So, I guess I need the file. Problem is, it doesn't come with this beta, and I have no idea what it even is.

DarkDragon
09-22-2006, 04:24 PM
That's the Microsoft C runtime library, which I guess you need because I compiled ZQuest in MSVC. I think you can get it here (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71). When we release b14 you'll no longer need it if you want to wait it out instead.

Nicholas Steel
09-22-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&DisplayLang=en

here are links to 2 runtimes and i think both will be helpful.... the links are from microsofts website and installers are included. (the java one is just incase anything non ZC needs it)

Nimono
09-22-2006, 05:49 PM
That's the Microsoft C runtime library, which I guess you need because I compiled ZQuest in MSVC. I think you can get it here (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71). When we release b14 you'll no longer need it if you want to wait it out instead.

I'd rather not wait. If this version can help fix my quest's problem, then I need to use it ASAP.

Jeffrotull
10-01-2006, 01:52 PM
None of my passageways or item rooms in dungeons work. Also.. are the fire wizzrobes suppose to shoot magic now instead of fire or is that a bug?

I was thinking about how cool it would be if you could make your own modified versions of existing enemies. Like change the cset of a lynel or something and be able to set his health and attack damage and maybe even speed. Make a lynel for every cset with different attributes. I find there are not enough challenging enemies for red ring/ magic sword combo and almost zero challenge for master sword / gold ring and would love to have some more challenging enemies.

Btw I love these new betas and the great features they have added. Can't wait for the next beta !

erm2003
10-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Look at the sticky threads. Beta 14 has been out for almost a week now. Some of these bugs dealing with the wizzrobes and such have been fixed.