PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem...

Beldaran
09-13-2006, 10:16 PM
I just installed the latest ZC release on both my laptop and my desktop systems. (both are Dell WinXP systems). I am having the same problem with both.

I cannot use non-sword items like the candle. I set the button to "B" and then nothing happens when I push it.

Is there something I'm not doing? Has this happened to anyone else?

erm2003
09-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Are you using 2.10test quest (or whatever version you are using now)? If so the candle uses magic and the initial magic wasn't set in the quest. It has to be changed in ZQuest first. The same problem will happen with bombs. There was no initial data set for bombs so you can't pick them up unless that is edited too.

Rakki
09-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes, it's happened to everyone else... who's played the 2.10 test quest. Those items, like the candle and bombs, are set to use Magic and bombs, but your maximum amount for BOTH of those are currently set to 0. Open ZQuest.exe, then open the 210test.qst quest file, go to Init. Data (on one of the menus), and set the Maximum and Current numbers for Bombs and Magic to 8.

DarkDragon
09-13-2006, 10:22 PM
You did pick up said items right? ;)
Assuming you can select an item, have the requisite magic, but can't use it, try deleting ag.cfg and rebinding your keys.

Beldaran
09-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Ok it works. I was using the 210test quest. I just needed to adjust the initial magic level.

Yay, thanks. :)