PDA

View Full Version : Finding a location using latitude and longitude

Cloral
09-13-2006, 06:50 PM
So, I found a small city using Google Earth, but it wasn't labeled as anything. Does anybody know if there is any way to find out what a location is using the latitude/longitude Google Earth gave me?

lord_jamitossi
09-13-2006, 07:32 PM
You could mabye just try googleing the lat/long that it gave you, there might be something that comes up.
What are the numbers?

I need to get google earth. Flying from Montreal to Toronto, I saw a field that was shaped like a pac-man ghost. I want to find it again. I won't succeed, but it could keep me entertained for a while.

Cloral
09-14-2006, 01:10 PM
I've tried searching with the Lat/Long numbers but came up empty. I don't have those numbers with me at the moment, I'll have to check them when I get home tonight. The location in question is in northern Ventura county, a little bit east of state route 33. You get off at Lockwood Valley Rd, and then turn south at a forest service road. You go over a river crossing and a small pass, and come out at a valley with about 2 dozen homes in it. I'm wondering if this location has a name. One map I looked at put San Emidio right near here, but every other source I've seen puts San Emidio further north in Kern County. So I think that map was wrong.