PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Import/Export Suggestion...

Rakki
09-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Could we be able to import/export raw ROOM data? This would include everything, which combos are placed where, the full info for all four warps of the room, the screen data of the room, the enemies, etc. The use of such a thing? Making it much easier to do a group quest. Everyone would get the same "template" for the group quest, and work on their parts of the quest independently, then when it was time to put everything together, the one with the most data in it could be used as the "main" quest, and everyone else working on the quest would simply export the data of the rooms in their versions of the quest, then they'd all be imported into the "main" quest. See what I'm saying?

Dark Nation
09-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Well, you can already import/export map data. When you import the map, set the room bias to "Prefer Original" and the import won't overwrite screens you already have set up. Just make sure that when you set the quest/map up to begin with that the screens you want them to edit are deleted. Then, export the map(s) and send those to them. Then, when you get them back, import with the "Prefer Original" bias and you're done. :)

ShadowTiger
09-13-2006, 10:33 AM
On that note, I wonder if there's a way to share multiple changes of combos in the combo page when two people are doing graphic and combo-page work. It must be a lot more complex, I'd bet. That's part of the reason why I'm so hesitant to do group quests (Like NeoFirst.) Only one person at a time can be doing graphics, and everyone else has to work with whatever combo page they have without changing it, or the Tiles page in any way.

Right? o.o'

Dark Nation
09-13-2006, 12:49 PM
If it were just tiles, there would be no problem. The problem is that there are tiles and combos to deal with. It *may* be possible to implement a move-on-import feature, but no promises.

What other things would make group quests easier?

ShadowTiger
09-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah, tiles are no problem.

Okay, an idea. When you import something, how about an option to import a specific range of combos (I.e. Combos from 10,000 to 12,000) from what you're importing and to bring them into the importee's combo page into yet another specified range of combos, say, from 15,000 to 17,000. It also needs a way to ask to overlap existing combos or not.

This way, the person can create "labels" out of combos (I.e. place mountain1 here, mountain2 here, river623 here, etc.) and then place those onto the world. When you import them, they'll already be there in those exact places, assuming they've planned it out properly. That pretty much eliminates the combo problem.

The combos can then be distributed wherever on the combo page they need with the c and move commands on an offline and individual basis.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
01-23-2024, 12:45 PM
Well, you can already import/export map data. When you import the map, set the room bias to "Prefer Original" and the import won't overwrite screens you already have set up. Just make sure that when you set the quest/map up to begin with that the screens you want them to edit are deleted. Then, export the map(s) and send those to them. Then, when you get them back, import with the "Prefer Original" bias and you're done. :)

I think we need a ? button on the "Select Import Bias" window with that explanation of what "Prefer Original" does.