PDA

View Full Version : Aheem, 1st Frame Return

Dlbrooks33
09-10-2006, 09:17 PM
It would be really nive if the movements act like the Zelda 3 Style movement when link stops, he returns to the first frame of animation. THIS MUST BE DONE BECAUSE A LOT OF ANIMATIONS DO NOT LOOK RIGHT WHEN STOPPING IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. AND NO SHADOW TIGER IT SHOULD NOT BE A QUEST RULE IT SHOULD BE DONE AUTOMATTICALLY.

Modus Ponens
09-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, now, maybe it SHOULD be a quest rule. I mean, what if someone replaces Link with, I don't know, say, Samus Aran in morph ball mode? Then it might be nice to have her animation stop on the frame it's on. I mean, she's not going to roll back any frames just because she stops moving, is she?

Hey, this gives me a cool idea...

redmage777
09-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Why so hard on the idea of it being a quest rule? Simply check the box and it works. How hard is that?

This is a good idea though...

Dlbrooks33
09-11-2006, 06:13 AM
If you look at some quests (i.e Death Mountain, Link to Tortuga, Hero of Dreams) you can look at the walking animation and say it shouldn't stop where it stopped. Some animations that are similar to the Z-3 style should stop at the 1st frame cause you don't want him to look like hes floating now do you :).

Dark Nation
09-11-2006, 07:54 AM
A quest rule means that some people may want to do it a different way. As someone has already pointed out a need for the current way, a quest rule would be best.

ShadowTiger
09-11-2006, 10:20 AM
AND NO SHADOW TIGER IT SHOULD NOT BE A QUEST RULE IT SHOULD BE DONE AUTOMATTICALLY. 1) ShadowTiger 2) Automatically 3) Quest rules are better. :D

What if you had a main character who looks like a ball? When the ball stops moving, you'd -not- want it to return to its original frame, would you?

EDIT:

Well, now, maybe it SHOULD be a quest rule. I mean, what if someone replaces Link with, I don't know, say, Samus Aran in morph ball mode? Then it might be nice to have her animation stop on the frame it's on. I mean, she's not going to roll back any frames just because she stops moving, is she?... Um ... Yeah. What he said. :sweat: Again.

I must like spheres a lot.

jman2050
09-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Not like it's difficult to do. As you'll notice, it ALREADY does this with Z3-animation. It'd be a simple matter converting it to be done with the other animation types.

*b*
09-11-2006, 02:04 PM
So, just to be clear, jman. Is that a 'yes', or 'it's possible, but I'm too lazy to do it'?

I agree this would be awesome. It's the main aspect of the Z3 style animation that I like the most

Modus Ponens
09-11-2006, 03:41 PM
jman's avatar always makes me suspect the latter, *b*.

Dlbrooks33
09-11-2006, 03:43 PM
oh speaking of this, if you did that would you also make it do Z-3 like scrolling too?(in z-3 animation link appears in the next screen instead of walking in the current screen until the next screen completely comes)(most likely this people will say quest rule :glare: )

*b*
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Dlbrooks, you mean having the view center on Link all the time, scrolling with him as he walks? Allready suggested (begged, threatened, and bribed) to jman, and he said that would be very hard to do

Tygore
09-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Dlbrooks, you mean having the view center on Link all the time, scrolling with him as he walks? Allready suggested (begged, threatened, and bribed) to jman, and he said that would be very hard to do

As I understand it, that would be far too radical of a change. Consider this: maps are divided into clear-cut screens, each screen having it's own special data. Monster spawns that don't use the flags would be broken. The screen-specific sound effects would be broken. Too many features in ZC bank on each screen existing as much as an entity of its own, as well as a part of a larger map.

Also, there would be problems anyway. What if you had more than one DMap using the same Map? You would have to define the borders, otherwise you would get spill over from a crowded map.

Dlbrooks33
09-11-2006, 05:54 PM
thats not what i meant, i meant the way the screen scrolls when you have teh Z-3 animation for link.

Rakki
09-13-2006, 01:58 AM
What he means is, he wants to see Link continue to play his walk animation while the screen is scrolling (auto-scrolling, not centered on Link) from one screen to the next, as is done when transitioning from one screen to an entirely different one in ALttP. Apparently, currently, he doesn't animate when going past the edge of a screen, he just stands there and appears when the next screen scrolls into view.

Dlbrooks33
10-15-2006, 09:35 PM
the quest rule was added...right?