PDA

View Full Version : Bringing "Frame-Skip" back

WindStrike
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
I noticed that ever since the betas came out, holding this button: ~ didn't allow for manual frame-skipping, as seen back in 2.10. By manual, I mean that as long as you hold that button, it'll frame skip... instead of constantly having to toggle it through F1. Though it seems F1 (Vsync) no longer creates a frame-skip...

So pretty much, I'm thinking that bringing the ~ button back would be my suggestion, only it is its own button... not just a 'holding vsync.' Of course, it'd be nice if it were manual and not toggle. Same speed as 2.10 as well... heck, mayhaps a whole menu button for frame-skipping, include what button it is, how fast it frame-skips, and picking whether you want it to toggle or hold down.

Q: And you ask why anyone would want this?
A: Ahe-he-he-hem... ok, play those longer quests when you have to get from place to place and it's later in the game and there are nothing but weaklings in the way. You can just walk through it all... but it takes a while. YOINK: Frame-skippin' time! Zoom through! Also, making the game go faster on it's own if you just want to increase the speed of the game period. Now of course, just like in 2.10, the timer is affected by this. Oh also... Isle of the Winds - The raft. Oh yeah... too bad that frame-skipping didn't exist in TWW.

If this frame-skip changed buttons and I'm completely unaware of it, then consider this a few suggestions for upgrading the frame-skip.

... real nifty feature, in my opinion.