PDA

View Full Version : Quest Rule: Zoras have constant HP

_L_
09-10-2006, 11:19 AM
In Zelda 1, Zoras have their HP refilled when they go underwater. Bah, I say! In cases where we want to encourage people to actively engage zoras in combat, we'd want to have this behaviour shut off.

This would work very well with this suggestion, (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92929) might I add.

Master_of_Power
09-10-2006, 12:11 PM
No, Zoras are impervious to the Wooden Sword.

erm2003
09-10-2006, 01:02 PM
No, Zoras are impervious to the Wooden Sword.

_L_ is right about the Zora's HP. I am sure the wooden sword does damage them, but you won't get enough hits on them before they submerge again, thus resetting their HP.

If you want to test this out, try it with the white sword on a screen with one Zora. It should take 2 hits. Hit it once, let it submerge, hit it again, and it's not dead! You need to hit it twice before it goes under again.

This could be a great idea for a quest rule, especially if the quest maker wants the player to deal with Zoras early in the quest with weaker weapons.

Modus Ponens
09-10-2006, 07:02 PM
It is entirely possible to defeat a Zora using the wooden sword, especially if you have a magical shield to block its fireball. Just one stab as soon as it shows up and another after the fireball, just before it submerges again.

Also, one hit from the white sword is enough to take out a Zora.

Finally, yes, this is a very good idea. I like it so much I'm going to name all of my children after it.