PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there an example_3rd.qst?

_L_
09-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Since there's an example_1st.qst and an example_2nd.qst included in the support files download. What's so special about 3rd that you don't want us to see it in ZQuest?

Rakki
09-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Umm... it was made by a board member who doesn't want it publicly available, is all I can guess. Alphadawg is the one who made it, so maybe he didn't want it available because of whatever special features it had in it at the time it was made.

*b*
09-09-2006, 03:38 AM
Rakki's got it. AlphaDawg made it, so it's essentially a custom quest. He just didn't want it to be messed with, I suppose

Modus Ponens
09-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Well, in the end, it's certainly up to ol' A-Dawg, but I really think that he should relinquish his intellectual property rights to it, so to speak. After all, it was chosen as the "Official" 3rd Quest; it was selected because its design exemplified those qualities the judges felt would have been present in a third Zelda quest, should Nintendo have made one. As such, it must have much to offer quest designers, and so I think that example_3rd.qst should be right there with the others.

_L_
09-09-2006, 11:45 AM
I agree with the previous post, simply because the current situation doesn't leave much possibility for a "3rd Quest Remake" (which I may or may not be interested in.)

erm2003
09-09-2006, 01:39 PM
If that's what you are intersted in doing then see if you have any way of contacting him to ask if you can do that. That's usually the proper way of doing a remake of someone else's quest. Regardless of the fact that it's the official 3rd quest for ZC, it was still created by Alphadawg so it's his call if he wants a remake done or if he wants to unpassword his quest.

DarkDragon
09-09-2006, 03:34 PM
The quest is private because there is a certain tile in the game that, when bombed, opens up a cave whose rooms contain the full source code to ZC.

Nicholas Steel
09-09-2006, 10:02 PM
:googly: :googly: LOL! nicely put darkdragon

mirror_shield33
09-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Really?