PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in two games

ZTC
09-05-2006, 01:27 PM
MMX3

After finally getting through MegaMan X3 (took a while too), I'm fighting the final form of Sigma, and I realize that I am unable to damage him. What the hell? Is there something that I'm not doing right?

Terranigma

(I blame you ST for getting me hooked on this game :tongue: ) So far I've been doing somewhat good and made it to the 4th tower, but after going to the upper floor, I'm stuck in a room that curves into a "j" shape. When you jump into the pit below, you wind up back at the 1st floor. What am I missing on that upper floor?

MottZilla
09-05-2006, 02:03 PM
MMX3, use the Mega Buster (Charged Up I think) or the Z-Saber on the ubber Head/Shoulder area of the thing. That is the only vulnerable spot and the only weapon that hurts him I think.

ZTC
09-05-2006, 02:29 PM
wait, you can get the Z-Saber?
and...I've tried that before with the buster beforehand and did no damage whatsoever. =/
I'd provide a savestate for it, but it's on my computer at home.

4matsy
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM
See those two triangle-like thingies sticking out just above his head? I think the weak point is right around there, where the head and triangles meet...it's just such a small area, that's why it's so hard to hit.

EDIT: Now I know I didn't hit the button three times...

EDIT REMIX: Er, okay...when I try to edit the latter two posts, it actually selects the first one instead. Probably because all three posts have the exact same ID number...:odd:

ShadowTiger
09-05-2006, 04:11 PM
(I blame you ST for getting me hooked on this game ) So far I've been doing somewhat good and made it to the 4th tower, but after going to the upper floor, I'm stuck in a room that curves into a "j" shape. When you jump into the pit below, you wind up back at the 1st floor. What am I missing on that upper floor?>:-D Heheheh. Terranigma will pull you in and take your soul, ... then do awful, awful things to it, then hand it back all nice and sparkly and jagged. Good stuff. Anyway, Do you have the crystal yarn? Sooner or later you'll have to ask Elle to make you some sort of crystal tunic out of it to guard against the evil magicks that keep you out one of the towers. Chances are, you will indeed have to go up to the highest level and jump down. I don't remember the exact specifics of the first couple of dungeons, but yeah, you'll have to do something like that; going way up, the falling back down.

Enjoy the boss. :p

Cloral
09-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I think you need the crystal yarn for the 5th tower.

The 4th tower has a basement area, doesn't it? I think it is something like you have to fall to the basement level from a specific location where you find the correct path to the upper levels. Or, I might be thinking of the wrong tower. They all kinda blend together to me. It might also have something to do with the flaming pots - I kinda remember getting stuck for a bit in a room where the solution ended up having something to do with throwing them at something. I don't remember if it was in that tower though.

ZTC
09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
The 4th tower has a basement area, doesn't it? I think it is something like you have to fall to the basement level from a specific location where you find the correct path to the upper levels. Or, I might be thinking of the wrong tower.
That's the one, so it might all depend on where you'd fall...
...I'll have to try that tonight when I get home.

Dart Zaidyer
09-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Kaiser Sigma's only weak point in X3 is his forehead. Aim your shots so the bottom edge touches the top edge of his original head and you'll usually hit him.

ZTC
09-07-2006, 10:15 AM
...and that worked pretty good in X3. Now I can say that I've beaten the first 3 MMX games. As for my problem in Terranigma, the trick was to go down the right pit in the first basement; now I've cleared the five towers and I'm on the 'other' world.