PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a Bommerang puzzle?

zyoss2000
09-04-2006, 04:45 PM
I want to make a simple boomerang puzzle where Link hits a switch with the boomerang and some rocks dissapear in front of a bridge. How do I make the rocks dissapear when I hit the switch?

Note: I am using version 2.10

XxStalfosKingxX
09-04-2006, 05:31 PM
I actually made something similar in one of my old quests that are now in the recycling bin:rolleyes: , except I made it so that when Link throws the boomerang at a statue and the water in the room drains out.
Anyway heres what to do:
1. Make this switch of yours a "trigger permanent" (if u want the rocks in front of the bridge to remain disappeared through the whole game, or "trigger temporary" (if you want those rocks to only be gone until you move to the next screen). You might want to make the switch solid too.

2. If the rocks are in front of the bridge and on the ground, then you might want to set it so that once the rocks are gone, you have some soil/grass/floor underneath, just for that realistic effect. So, if all the ground underneath the rocks are the same, open up Secret Combos, click the "Misc. Tab" and set the "Flag 16" box to the ground that you desire.

3. Now we want to set the screen up. So, place a #16 Flag on all rock tiles on the screen with the bridge that you wish to disappear when the switch is activated. Then use Flags #68, 69, or 70, depending on which boomerang must be used to activate the switch, and place one of those boomerang flags on your switch tile on the bridge screen.

Hope this answers your question:) If you're still having trouble, or you don't like what happens when the switch is hit, you can come back here, and one of us are bound to help you out. Good luck with your quest!

LinkMaster500
09-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I think the "trigger permanent" and "trigger temporary" combo types only apply when Link steps on the switch--not when he hits it with something.

Anyway, what you need to do is to put a Boomerang flag on what you want Link to hit with the Boomerang in order to trigger the secret. (use flag #68 if you want it to work with any the boomerangs in the game: wooden, magical, or fire). Then set the Flag 16 box to be what you want the rocks to change into when you hit the switch. Then place Flag #16 on those tiles.