PDA

View Full Version : New Screen Flag: Item acts like Triforce when picked up.

Exdeath
09-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been suggested before (maybe it has, but I haven't seen it).

I've seen plenty of quests where there are plenty of dungeons after the 8th triforce piece has been collected. Usually the quest designer will use the enemy bait item as a crystal or special triforce piece that is required for entrance to the next level. In these dungeons, you usually need to beat the boss, collect the item, and exit the dungeon manually (some designers give you a nice warp to the entrance).

This flag will make it so when you collect the item, you will get your life and magic refilled and be warped out of the dungeon as if you had picked up the triforce. I can see this flag being used a lot.

Comments? Developer input?

beefster09
09-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Maybe one on the flipside too! No warp from triforce.

ShadowTiger
09-03-2006, 11:16 AM
You know, that's a remarkably good idea. :p I would personally love to see this implemented.

Along with this idea, is a way to tell which Side/Tile warp the warpout will use.

Actually, it should also specify -IF- you even warp out at all. It could play the "Triforce GET!" sound, (Heh.) then have no black screen curtain effect at all. You'd just keep going. A screen flag for that would be nice.

Hell, an option for a warpout without that black curtain effect would be nice. You get the item, then warp when Link stops holding it above his head for whatever reason.

(He has such an ego. :sweat: :rolleyes: )

WindStrike
09-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Hmm... better use for this item: Inns. Then you really would be able to create an inn.

Question: How would picking this item up be a requirement for the entrance to the next level? O_o...

Master_of_Power
09-03-2006, 02:45 PM
The hungry Goriya room type, or open the shutter with a secret.

Exdeath
09-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Windstrike and Master_of_Power,

The bait and hungry goriya room is exactly what I was thinking for this flag. If any of you have played altadd by Sludge, you will run into this. The quest mimics Zelda 3 in a way. The first 8 dungeons are normal triforce dungeons, but then there is a dark world with more dungeons. Sludge redid the sprite for the bait and made it into a Zelda3 like crystal. This crystal is the reward for the darkworld dungeons and is required for entrance into the next darkworld dungeon via a hungry goriya room. It would be cool if when you obtain the crystal, you would get the same effect as if you had obtained triforce.

Some of the other ideas presented above are good too, but a basic screen flag that says "item acts like triforce when picked up" is the basic thing I'm after.

Also someone asked above if there is currently a way to set the type of warp used when getting triforce. I think it is currently hardcoded to a side warp.

beefster09
09-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Ah, so this is what you could use it for. As well as bonus dungeons. (such as one that gives you the longshot, magic key, etc.)

Exdeath
09-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Exactly!