PDA

View Full Version : Combo Animation Option

*b*
09-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Would it be possible to add an option to combos that makes it animate only when it's on the current screen that Link is on? This would allow people to have, like, lights that turn on when you enter a room, or time-limited paths through a screen, or something to that effect

WindStrike
09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
So... pretty much, when you go to the next screen with combos that have this enabled, those combos reset in animation at the starting tile instead of continuing animation from whatever the combo is currently on? (Sorry if that was a bit vague...)
Also, would this be a screen flag or in the actual combo properties?

*b*
09-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Combo properties. Like a check box. And yes, you're description is right on

WindStrike
09-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Problem with it being a checkbox is that it might take a lot of extra time to set it... then again (if it were a checkbox rather than a screen flag), that prevents something like a sudden reset in animation of windy grass through a transition. Cool

*b*
09-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Exactly. Options like that allow for much more versatility

beefster09
09-02-2006, 01:29 AM
It would probably make ZC lag. Just use combo cycling.

*b*
09-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Tried it, and it dosen't work. The thing I want this for is the title screen to my quest. When you get there, you're supposed to wait a couple seconds, then the option to press down appears. With combo cycling, it's ususally between two and no seconds before the tiles appear. Unless I want to use 120 or 240 combos, which is unacceptable in any situation, combo cycling dosen't work

_L_
09-02-2006, 11:54 AM
If worst comes to worst, make a script?

SETV d0,240
WAITFRAME
SUBV d0,1
COMPAREV d0,1
GOTOMORE 2
<insert various "SETV cd###,###" style commands, removing the combos that prevent the invisible Link from exiting the bottom of the screen>

*b*
09-02-2006, 02:42 PM
The thing with that is, I don't have any idea how to make a script, and I can only assume that what you just posted is supposed to do that

Saffith
09-02-2006, 05:48 PM
The script he posted will wait 240 frames (I think an FFC frame is significantly longer than an animation frame, but I haven't really tested that), then it goes to the "<insert various..." part, where it's intended to remove combos that block Link's movement.

If you want to make a little "Press down" message appear, you could add ADDV data, 1 instead to make the FFC cycle to the next combo. You'd have to use a separate FFC for each tile, but that shouldn't be a problem on the title stcreen. The real problem, I think, is that (unless I'm mistaken, which is entirely possible) they would all have to be on layer 0.

In any case, it'd be a pretty simple script, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting help with it.

jman2050
09-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Implemented in beta 13

WindStrike
09-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Allow me to shake your hand!