PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with Masa

Masamune
09-01-2006, 02:51 PM
So I've been accepted to this gifted school in Philly. Which is 40 minutes away. That's where I'll be going to school now. So now every morning and afternoon I'll be taking the train from Hook to Philly which, in total, will take up from about 6 AM to 4:30 PM. I'm supposed to be starting up my job again at the bakery since I only work around holidays which are food oriented (thanksgiving, xmas, easter, etc.). That usually lasts til' about 10:30 or 11 at night. So from about 6 AM to 10:30 will be taken. Then a half hour for homework and such. And I usually work weekends from about 11 AM to 9 PM. So I'm not going to be able to see my friends as much as I'd like to. And I probably won't be hanging out with any of the people from this new school since everyone is pretty spread out. If I can't make time to see my old friends who live around me, how am I gonna make time to see someone on the otherside of fucking Philadelphia? I'm aware I could always just drop the job if friends are that important to me, but I need to start showing my parents that I'm responsible enough to handle all of this, so maybe I'll be in a better position to just do whatever I want later. I'm feeling a bit like this is my first step into adulthood.

Shiiiiiit, homiez. <3

AtmaWeapon
09-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the burden of genius!

Since high school, the choices I've had to make to continue my education in a manner appropriate to my facilities has alienated me or made it impossible for me to participate in social events with the required frequency. College has made it worse, as maintaining scholarships and graduating before they run out requires 18+ hours of classes; a schedule that leaves so little free time for work that it's not worth the effort and hanging out usually involves procrastinating some assignment just so I have the time.

Get ready to want to stab people in the face with a brick when they tell you "I wish I were smart like you."

In the end I guess it's always worth it to take hardship today to make tomorrow easier though.

elise
09-01-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm supposed to be starting up my job again at the bakery since I only work around holidays which are food oriented (thanksgiving, xmas, easter, etc.)

Since it's not that time of year you still have alot of spare time right now :D

Beldaran
09-01-2006, 04:17 PM
I think you should leave the job and dedicate yourself to your studies, as they will take you WAY farther than working at a bakery.

Glitch
09-01-2006, 04:21 PM
gifted or "gifted" ?

Prrkitty
09-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Good luck sweetheart :) May your road in life be perpetually lit by the smile on your face... which is there because of sheer happiness. <hug>

Beldaran
09-01-2006, 05:33 PM
gifted or "gifted" ?

lol yeah are we talking about taking a normal train to school, or a "special" train that's say, not quite as long as a normal train. A short train if you will.:D

Masamune
09-01-2006, 09:14 PM
This train:

http://www.cprra.co.uk/pictures/Thomas%20Tank%20Engine%20ll.jpg

Breaker
09-02-2006, 02:08 PM
On your road to responsibility, if you start to get really stressed out and feel like you can't "take it" any longer, don't be afraid to kill yourself.

Daarkseid
09-02-2006, 02:58 PM
On your road to responsibility, if you start to get really stressed out and feel like you can't "take it" any longer, don't be afraid to kill yourself.

But make sure to take some kindergarteners with you. So it'll be way more tragic.

The media loves to puzzle over whenever some maniac appears on the grounds of a school playground with gun. You'll be a hero to the cable news networks.

Darth Marsden
09-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Or do us all a favour and kill Rosie O'Donnell. Then you'll be a god unto us all.

On a more serious note, I wish you the best of luck in your new school. I'm sure you don't need it, but I'll wish it anyway. And on a side note, I think I rode that train when I was younger. Or at the very least an imitation of it. ...I had a very messed up childhood.

Archibaldo
09-02-2006, 10:37 PM
This train:

http://www.cprra.co.uk/pictures/Thomas%20Tank%20Engine%20ll.jpg

I've been on that train before. Fucking thing took me 2 kilometers and then decided he just couldn't do it anymore.

Darth Marsden
09-03-2006, 06:30 AM
I've been on that train before. Fucking thing took me 2 kilometers and then decided he just couldn't do it anymore.Ah, but did you tell him that he had to believe in himself?

lightning-z
09-03-2006, 06:49 AM
I just don't know what to think of this?

Darth Marsden
09-03-2006, 02:51 PM
...and you're telling us this why, exactly?

Blonde799
09-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Dude, it's lightning-z, I don't bother to ask questions. :tongue:

Hey Masa, you should do what you feel, makes you feel great. If anything becomes a burden, make some time for yourself to enjoy life.

Mr. Jones
09-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Sounds like alot friggin fun. The hard work work will pay off.

Rafnul
09-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Pretty sweet Masamune. If you have tons of money, don't be afraid to just go out with all your friends from 11pm-3am, then sleep through your classes the next day, following the 0/70 rule (0 percent effort, 70 percent credit), obviously failing to get any scholarships but still achieving everything neccessary in the academic life. Of course, if you care about going on to higher education, you should probably just keep going and have absolutely no life.

The only advice I'd give you is that if you want to hurry through your education and excel beyond everyone's expectations of you, at least have some fucking clue where you are going to end up, because you don't want to be a first-year Junior at a major university going "Why the Hell am I even here?"

So, even if you have no life now, figure out where you want your life to go in the future, or at least make up some sort of bullshit that will motivate you to continue.

Lilith
09-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Wrong, you only become an adult after you have sex and kill someone. Not the same person though. Well, okay.

Tygore
09-06-2006, 11:32 AM
gifted or "gifted" ?

http://scifipatches.co.uk/images/XMEN03.jpg

moocow
09-06-2006, 11:42 AM
*gasp*

Masa Is Gonna Be An X-man?!