PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial 3rd Quest - Level 9

Gunslinger
09-01-2006, 03:58 AM
Hi. I am stuck in the final level of Alphadawg's unofficial 3rd quest. My problem is that I believe I have nowhere to go. Let me describe the 3 paths I can take from the old man at the start, and where I end up. If someone could elaborate on where I should be headed next, I'd be very grateful.

Path 1: Two rooms to the right of the old man is a room containing 6 blocks and a patra. You can push one of these blocks to go through a passage. After popping out of the passage, you can grab the silver arrow one room to the left. Go north a little and you meet an old man that tells you to bomb north of the starting room. Go east from that man and then down; I dead-end in a room with a few gels.

Path 2: Three rooms to the right of the old man is another passage. This is a one-way passage that throws you against some gibdos and stalfos 2s. You can go left to get the compass. Your only other option is to go north. You'll fight some pol's voices. North from there pits you against a patra for a superbomb. West from the pol's voices eventually leads to the only way out of this dungeon section. You'll find a passage in a room with goiaras, and a 3x2 section of blocks in the center of the room. This passage takes you back to start.

Path 3: Superbombing north of the old man pits you against some lanmolas. Defeat them, go north to fight some wizzrobes and darknuts. From here you can push a block to reveal a passage, or go north to fight a patra where you will be sent back to the start. Taking the passage from the wizzrobe and darknut room puts me in a room with some like likes, zols, and white bubbles. You can only go north from here. If you go three rooms north, you come to a room filled mostly with lava, and two raft paths, one going from north-to-south, and the other going from east-to-west. These raft paths intersect in the center of the room, yet I cannot steer my raft to get from the north-south path to the east-west path. I don't think this is glitch, since I can steer my raft elsewhere. Anyway, going north from the raft room puts you in a dead end with some wizzrobes. The only other path to take after popping out of the passage is to go north, then east into a dark room filled mostly with blocks, including one in the center that can be pushed, and some keese. Going north or south from this room is a dead-end.

So that is how far I have traveled in the dungeon. I have the lens of truth, and I am pretty confident that I have used it in all of the rooms I have visited. I'm aware that in previous dungeons, sometimes after popping out of a stairway passage, you could go back through the passage and end up in a new location. I have tested this trick in all of the rooms visited so far, and none have led me to new places. The last thing I'll mention is my curiosity about the room directly east of the starting room. There's two columns of blocks running from north to south. When using the lens, it shows that the right column of blocks disappears. How can I trigger this?

Ok, thank you if you read that whole message, and special thanks if you can guide me on the right path.

LinkMaster500
09-01-2006, 09:52 AM
To make that right-hand column of blocks disappear, you need to bomb it. A regular bomb will do.

One thing you need to keep in mind is that in this quest, you can take a passage from Room A to get to Room B, but taking a passage from Room B will not get you back to Room A. So to be sure, try taking the passage both ways because some of them do not go back and forth.