PDA

View Full Version : Doing something in one room to affect change in another.

Exdeath
08-31-2006, 06:12 PM
What are the different ways of doing this? I know you can use a combination of a boss and trigger enemy, but this only works once per level number. Are there any other ways of doing this? Would more ways of being able to do this be a good idea for a new feature?

Jeffrotull
09-03-2006, 12:33 AM
One thing I have been doing to sort of do that is to divide a room with blocks or something. One side you have some sort of blockade preventing you from getting through to the next room and the other side of the room have a permanent trigger tile then use secret tiles to move the blockade. Each side of the room are accessed through different sections of the dungeon.

beefster09
09-03-2006, 11:27 AM
You can use a roomstate carry-over with permanent triggers, if you're using 2.10 or higher. You could also set up a second identical map with the new secrets.

Exdeath
09-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I actually did look into roomstate carryover, but I couldn't make good sense of it. I could not find any good tutorials or help. It looks like that does what I want, but I would like a bit of documentation from someone who has used it. Thanks.