PDA

View Full Version : Screen Flag: Enemies Never Return

Exdeath
08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
This would seem to be a logical screen flag to have. That way, you can make difficult enemy rooms that don't come back once cleared. You can also have sub-boss rooms with additional enemies, and when cleared, none of the enemies return.

On a related note, it would also be cool to have the option of having boss-type enemies like Aquamentus return once defeated (another screen flag?)

Just some suggestions for the developers and other members to ponder.

beefster09
08-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Use boss flags...

Exdeath
08-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Uhh yea, then I can only do it once per DMAP. Not practical at all.

beefster09
09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
There are plenty of DMaps, but I see your point.
How about a quest rule, and then toggle it in the screen data?

Rakki
09-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I say, screw the quest rule. Just add in a "Toggle If Enemies Will Return" screen flag. In rooms with enemies that normally don't return, they'd return, but in rooms with only normal enemies, they'd stay gone for good. Of course, if you had a boss and enemies in the same room... I guess they'd all return? Hmm, that could be a problem, maybe.

Exdeath
09-01-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't think a quest rule is necessary. The screen flag should only affect normal enemies that normally return after you go to enough different screens.

I do believe, however, that there should be another screen flag that makes boss enemies behave like normal enemies with respect to returning. It just gives quest builders more flexibility.