PDA

View Full Version : The Hero of Dreams

fajz
08-31-2006, 03:29 PM
I realize it's probably been a while since anyone has played this quest but in case you remember Can someone tell me where the Flippers are?

WindStrike
09-01-2006, 06:33 PM
If you've beaten Level 7, then just get the "Book of Flamo" (Magic Book) and from there, it's self-explanatory. Otherwise, if you haven't beaten Level 7 yet, then I'll tell you this: Beat it.

Michael729
09-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Ummmm.... Wind, that wasn't what he was talking about... anyway.

To get the flipper's, you've to first get up to, and complete, level 6. Afterwards, you need to go to the citadel, and *note: You do need the Book of Flamo, attainable from I-forgot-where* access the hidden passage. From there, it's fairly straight forward.

fajz
09-07-2006, 08:34 AM
I got a feeling that I have missed the Magic Key somewhere. I am in Level 8 and I need several keys that I can't seem to find. Is the magic key somewhere that I can get to before level 8? Also there is a door in Level 8 that I can't figure out how to open. It's on the first floor and it's 1 room East then 1 room North from the starting room that you warp too from the Ciditel underground. The door is on the east wall and I've hit everything in the room with everything I own and I just can't figure out how to open it. Can you help me out?

I used all my potion on the paddle man. Is it a wise move to leave Level 8 and buy some or is there somewhere in Level 8 to buy potion?

Shoelace
09-07-2006, 06:43 PM
The thing is you don't open the door, you swim under it. :P If you notice there is a path from the screen to the south that leads past the door. And There are two keys on each of the castle floors so you know. On the first floor, they are both on the top corners of the map. And the other two are past the puzzles of the Dark room/Light room where you have to burn the curtains with the Fire Boomerang.

Also, leaving the level won't do anything. Go get some potions and come back when you are ready. :P

fajz
09-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Shoelace I am having trouble with the boss of Level 8. I know you said he was the hardest of all the custom boss' but I just can't figure him out. I know that eventually you get to a spot where you have to face 4 L2 Darkknights 7 or 8 times then a large shadow comes over the boss and there is an invisible fire dragon to kill under him. My question is, What is the secret to getting to the L2 dark knights and how do I kill that shadow thingy around the boss after I've killed the fire dragon? Somehow I got lucky once and got warped to another screen where there were spikes coming out of the floor and since I wasn't ready for them they killed me in a matter of seconds. I'll be ready if I ever get back to that screen. I'm just tired of hammering the boss fighting wind and waiting until the L2 dark knights decide to make an appearance. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm this close to finishing I pretty anxious to defeat it.

WindStrike
09-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, for one, if you haven't done so already, get Nayru's Love and all of the magic upgrades. It'll make things a billion times easier... well, sort of.

And two... just keep hammering that thing to death. I'm pretty sure that once the armor is broken, you start stabbing it with your sword. Well, Nayru's Love helps a lot here (I didn't beat him without it), so maybe you'll figure out some things with the help of it. I haven't played HoD in a while... should probably make another run through of it.

pvd
09-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Does anyone have suggestions for making it through the third level boss area? Everytime I hit fire it spells instant death as Link just gets bounced around from lava pit to lava pit.

WindStrike
09-10-2006, 11:23 AM
/me tries recalling the third boss.

Yep... probably the best boss in the game in my opinion. So fun it twas...

Ok, if I'm correct, you have to first hit the switches. Then... not sure what. You either fired at the boss with the arrow, slashed it with your sword, or keep slashing the switches again until you get to the platform part. From there, it's kinda self-explanatory... just stay on the platforms and solve everything that comes your way. Warning: Be prepared and look ahead... because if you don't, you're screwed. The end is just a one-shot gohma, fyi. Hope that helped... the heck with it, I'm starting HoD again.

fajz
09-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Hit what switches first?

pvd
09-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Okay, here is the cheap way to beat the boss part. If you have a potion.
1) kill the first lava guy
2) go right through the next screen
3) at the next screen hit the switch and go down not on the path that is given but on the lava part
4) run around the barrier in the next screen and go up
5) just hit the switch and have the gate go down
the rest is easy

pvd
09-14-2006, 04:30 PM
I have another question. I am in level 4 and have found every key but the one to enter the area where the upgraded candle is... Any pointers of where to find that key?

pvd
09-15-2006, 03:03 PM
If anyone else gets stuck here you can shoot the first set of statues twice.

Shoelace
09-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Are you still looking for it? I am not sure because of the last post. But yeah the key is in the path north of the statues in the beginning (The brown blocks will have to be down). Also with the brown blocks down from the right of the entrance go in the warp and then head south for the other key. Those are the last keys in the level. Godd luck.

pvd
09-17-2006, 08:56 PM
I actually found it. I needed to get used to some of the new game concepts that zeldaclassic lets you do. I also thought I posted here but there are two topics on your game.

By the way I told this to DarkFlameWolf as well... you really made a great game. I have enjoyed it.