PDA

View Full Version : What if you couldn't say "Link" in a quest title?

ShadowTiger
08-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Just out of both sheer curiosity and relative boredom, ... ... what if you suddenly weren't allowed to have the word "Link," "Triforce," or "Zelda" in the title of your quest? Would you actually go so far as to change the plot of your quest to suit a new title? Or would you call it something generic like "Adventure356134A"

Tygore
08-31-2006, 02:00 PM
The current quest I'm working on is called "Jitaris". Completely non-Zelda related.

koopa
08-31-2006, 02:00 PM
As long as you could still use "quest" ... well, perhaps even then.

"Quest for Light"
"Isle of the Winds"
"Hidden Duality"
"Search for Elise"
"Neofirst"

All those exist. And are good quests too.

Pineconn
08-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Too bad. :p I would use those words anyway. Nobody can tell me what not to title my quest.

But to actually answer your question, all official Zelda games after Zelda 4 (Link's Awakening) don't have those words anyway. "The Minish Cap", "Majora's Mask", "Ocarina of Time", and "Four Swords". I would just name my quest after something else significant in the game. But too bad, I'm using the title of "Link to the Heavens" in my current quest. :tongue:

Tygore
08-31-2006, 04:02 PM
But to actually answer your question, all official Zelda games after Zelda 4 (Link's Awakening) don't have those words anyway.

They don't have the word "Zelda" in them?

Rulehy
08-31-2006, 05:45 PM
They all have, The Legend of Zelda in them Pineconn. :p Unless you mean the second part of the title, thats wrong.

If that wasn't aloud, then I would put stuff like, "Golden Sword" or something.

Pineconn
09-01-2006, 04:53 PM
You know what I meant. :p

All quests are still really "The Legend of Zelda: Isle of the Winds" etc.

Rulehy
09-01-2006, 05:27 PM
I would give more names I would use, but I don't want people to steal my
name ideas. It would be wise to do the same, unless you don't mind people
useing names you came up with.

*b*
09-01-2006, 05:52 PM
If I couldn't use Zelda, then I wouldn't make a quest based on Zelda, however if I can't just use Link or Triforce, then that's okay

algam86
09-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Easy enough. Especially in a quest where you don't exactly use Link, Zelda, or a Triforce. (Metroid Quests?)

I can't really think of any right now, though. (just woke up from going to school, brain's dead. :p)

lord_jamitossi
09-03-2006, 12:14 PM
You could sort of do like Harry Potter and name the quest after some important person/place/thing in the quest. Like the one I've been "working on" for ages, The Silver Pendant. It's pretty simple actually.

Starkist
09-03-2006, 10:01 PM
The day I see a truly original questname is still yet to come.

Modus Ponens
09-04-2006, 03:29 AM
Hello? Didn't anyone read this (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92995) thread? Here, let me reach into my magical bag of solid-gold quest names that I keep hermetically sealed in a jar above the fridge and pull forth a couple more surefire winners:

- Dirgeblayde: Twilight of Sanity
- Gravesmith: Hell's Burden
- Cleft: Baseball

Okay, the bag might be running out. That last one was a little off. But, still, it is clear that there is no shortage of quest names on my end.

Limzo
09-04-2006, 04:58 AM
I don't like quests that have the word "Link" or "Zelda" or "Ganon" or "Hyrule" etc in the title.
It's like if LOTR was called, "The Lord of the Rings: Frodo and Sam's Adventure"
It just wouldn't be done. It's cheesy and sounds "commercial".

Link's Awakening was okay because it's not reffering to something that the game directly shows us.

A Link to The Past was okay because it wasn't reffering to "Link" the character the first time you read it.

The Adventure of Link was okay because that game is different and if you changed the characters and sprites and title to other things then you wouldn't even know it used to be a Zelda game.

Also, I've noticed that the titles are not what they used to be. Nowadays the official titles of Zelda games are just an important thing/noun from the games, but in the olden days they were clever and mysterious.

_L_
09-04-2006, 05:16 AM
If I ever went mad enough to make an entire quest under my own steam, I'd use one of:

- Hyrule Hijinks!
- Hyrule Hijinks II: Master Sword Madness!
- The Tale of the Gilded Isoceles
- Pointy-Eared Freaks
- On The Exploration of Subterranean Cavities for Fun and Profit, by L
- What I Did On My Summer Vacation
- The Tale of the Gilded Isoceles II: Master Sword Madness!

And, my personal favourite:
- Unofficial ∞th Quest