PDA

View Full Version : Free stuff! (or, what would you do in this situation?)

ZTC
08-31-2006, 10:38 AM
I did some online shopping last week and I used one of my visa gift cards. On the invoice, it said that there was a mismatch for the address, so I gave them the corrected the address infos; which they did a chargeback, and tried to re-charge the card. Proving to be impossible, since the chargeback didn't go through. The second charge was rejected, as it was over it's limit. So I told them the charges weren't reversed, and they took that as the charge went through. So my stuff is currently shipping, but, one week later, I see a reversal for the charges . Which means I got the stuff for free. ($65 worth of stuff, $85 with the shipping charges) So I let them know what happened, so they can recharge the card, but I haven't heard anything from them since (and I usually get a response within 12 hours). I dunno what's going to happen *shrugs* I'll wait for another week, then maybe I'll just start charging on that card again.
A couple of responces from a few people I've asked already...
wait. If they can't sort it out, isn't there some law it's yours for free if they refuse your offer to pay?

youre still liable for the debt in law
so make damn sure you have the money available ....

what would you do in this situation?

goKi
08-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Make sure they know. Even go as far to let your credit card company know.

Prrkitty
08-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah - DEFINATELY contact your credit card company and let them work it out. :) It is their job to work stuff like this out.

good luck hon :)

goKi
08-31-2006, 12:21 PM
In the end, it will catch up to you. Just let them work it out.

ZTC
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
I just sent an email to Simon's help desk (as it's a Simon mall visa gift card).
Now I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Simon has had given me trouble in the past, dunno if I'll keep getting their cards. Maybe I'll switch to prepaid MasterCards =/

Drunken Tiger
08-31-2006, 01:46 PM
They'll catch back up to you. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Breaker
08-31-2006, 03:17 PM
This is retarded.

War Lord
08-31-2006, 06:45 PM
I've had the same thing happen in the past.
I never said anything, they never did anything.

Since you've already been instigating though, you're going to need to follow through.

ZTC
09-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the email
That's all I got from J-List in an email (well, aside from information for a different order) I'll wait another week and if nothing is charged, I'm taking that as if they don't care or something... :sweat: