PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic for the PSP?

Katzenbach
08-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I read in this forum that someone found a way to transfer this game to the PSP. I can't locate the thread so can someone please tell me again which site has this?

Rakki
08-30-2006, 06:53 PM
It certainly wasn't posted about here, but I can guarentee you the way he did that involved getting something like Linux running on his PSP. That's the only way to get it on anything other than a PC at the moment, by running an OS on the desired platform.

Kingboo30
08-31-2006, 10:48 PM
I read in this forum that someone found a way to transfer this game to the PSP. I can't locate the thread so can someone please tell me again which site has this?

BS. Who said this? Only developers have access to source code and you can only do that type of stuff witht the Source Code. But when the GP2X handheld verison is finished......you might get some progress. MIGHT. I don't know but I doubt it.

DarkDragon
09-01-2006, 12:35 AM
If it's not total bullshit, I'm immensely impressed, as I don't think we've ever even released a working Linux port. He would have had to run it on a PSP Windows, OSX, or DOS emulator.

migokalle
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
well, I know that someone has been able to run windows on a psp (with limitations...) so if they can get that to work better I guess we can have zc on a psp... but I am not a expert... and think how long will it take to write a string for example!

Rakki
09-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Using ZQuest on PSP, however, would be a very difficult challenge, migokalle. They can emulate OSes on PSP, but they can't re-map the ZQuest controls to use Up/Down/Left/Right instead of keyboard button presses. ZC only works because it only uses A, B, L, R, Start and Select in-game, so they can map those to the PSP X/Circle/Square/Triangle/L/R/Start/Select buttons. It's already got some support for Joysticks as well, so if it was entirely necessary, they could have the PSP controls read as joystick controls, if it wouldn't work otherwise.

jman2050
09-01-2006, 09:39 PM
The simple fact that the PSP has only 32MB of memory would make this undertaking a massive challenge, if not impossible. If we ever release the source code though, you're welcome to try.