PDA

View Full Version : A question or two...

Sarge
08-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi, I'm new here, and I was hoping someone could answer a few questions for me. I'm relatively new to the quest editor, so I apologize if these sound like stupid questions. Right now I'm working on a sort of test quest, just to familiarize myself with the editor and the way things work. I'm using classic style graphics for now, and the version is 2.10 (0).

First, I noticed that one can change the subscreen layout to allow for some of the new items (such as the hookshot, hammer, etc). I thought it would be great to have some of such items in the quest, but I have one question regarding the hookshot. How can I make some kind of hookshot target, or "latchable" surface to which Link can pull himself with the hookshot? Right now all I can do is stun enemies with it, and I'd love to enable its proper function.

Second is in regards to magic. So far, enabling the use of magic seems pretty simple, except for one thing. Is there a way I can make regular enemies drop small magic jars for a player to refill his or her magic?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

zeldafan500
08-30-2006, 03:09 PM
for the hookstot you need a tile with the type hookshot grap. (right click it) And I think the enemys drop magic, but I don't really know.

Pineconn
08-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Koopa, a while ago, was nice enough to post every enemy that can drop magic.

[HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92215)]

Go to post 13 (by Koopa).

Sarge
08-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Okay, cool. Thank you guys very much, zeldafan500 and Pineconn.

Sarge
08-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry to bump the thread like this, but I have one other question and I didn't want to clutter the forum by making a whole new thread.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to set or change how much damage the different swords do. The reason I ask is I'd like to use the Master Sword, but only have three different swords in my quest. I'd remove the Magical Sword and simply have the Master Sword do as much damage as the Magical Sword does currently. Is there any was I can accomplish this?

_L_
08-30-2006, 11:12 PM
The reason I ask is I'd like to use the Master Sword, but only have three different swords in my quest.

Here's what you do:

* Use the Magical Sword.
* Replace its graphics with Master Sword graphics.
* In your quest, make all characters refer to it as the "Master Sword."

Done!

Sarge
08-31-2006, 12:42 AM
All right, thanks, L. Now I feel a bit stupid for not thinking of that before...

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out.

ch33zer
08-31-2006, 12:46 AM
also, as a kind of side note, you can set certain properties of the swords.

go to quest > misc. data > item properties

from here you can change how many hearts you need to collect each sword, how many hookshot links there are, and some other stuff.

just sayin :)