PDA

View Full Version : help quest wont start!

bluedeath
08-30-2006, 09:09 AM
please help i am trying to load my quest but it keeps saying error the last thing i was doing was editing my subscreen and everything is fine

EDIT: well it sais error first quest not found but it is in the right folder?
it was working yesterday when i loaded it all i did was change 1 thing in the sub screen now the quest wont load

Tanza
08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
could be your quest lost it's "which quest it loaded" data and maybe you have to reload the quest into that registered quest slot. But i'm guessing you probably already tried that.

I have a hard time giving names to entities within the program. Registered quest slots - those 12 or 15 slots or whatever you can use Register and enter a name, then select a quest.

erm2003
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Let me guess, you are using the beta and you again are posting here instead of checking those forums.

There is a bug where quests sometimes won't load properly and it's related to the subscreen editor. I know it's been reported, I don't know if it has been fixed. Make sure you are working with beta 12d and keep on playing with it. If it still doesn't load, then check the beta threads for more help or see if the next beta release is what you need.

bluedeath
08-30-2006, 02:14 PM
well im making a new quest it is going better then my quest was i dont mind & the fact that it wont load in the editor anymore dont matter i hated the dor graphics ...well i dont hate it but i dont know how to use it good anyways ....

Rakki
08-30-2006, 08:21 PM
It gives you an error when trying to open it in ZQuest? Ooh... sounds like your quest got corrupted. The only real "fix" for this is to have made a backup before it got corrupted. =/