PDA

View Full Version : ... Okay ...

ShadowTiger
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
... Okay. Seriously. I've asked quite a few times before in various places, but I guess nobody has seen it yet.

Does anyone have a dungeon map plan of Level 2? I've mentioned it to numerous people that if they want to see their ideas in, a plan must be created of those ideas.

Has anyone come up with anything viewable? ... A route through the dungeon, complete with locked doors, keys, special rooms, obstacles, etc ... ... ? Anything?

beefster09
08-28-2006, 08:50 PM
I might be able to. Haven't really done anything. Considering it though.

I May be a n00b, but i'm an expert by heart(like shoelace was before HoD i'm sure)

ShadowTiger
08-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Well, I'd definitely love to see some plans from you, Beefster. ;) It'd be very cool to have your name on a dungeon everyone will play, I'm sure.

BTW, Rakki sent this in:
Remember these?

Ice. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Rakki/ZC/largemapice.gif)
Fire. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Rakki/ZC/largemapfire.gif)

These are the ones I've never particularly liked (as I mentioned in the L2 planning topic). They're certainly an option for Level 2, though...

~Rakki
Damn fine stuff. Top that. ;)

_L_
08-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Damn fine stuff. Top that. ;)Can do!

http://www.greyfire.org/~l/Stonewater.png

Note that the placement of lines is merely an abstract representation. I don't demand that a diagonal line of hammer combos is placed within the Ice 3E room - just that the hammer be required to access the two paths on the other side of it.

Also, two minibosses. "Volvagia" is also the Japanese name for a certain boss in Zelda 2 (http://bestiary.zeldalegends.net/index.php?game=z2&limit=) whom I'll be basing the first miniboss off. Something I forgot to mention is that there's also a Fire Volvagia, but you'll find (or the Ice Volvagia will tell you) that the Rival has already defeated it.

The second miniboss will be more of a "trick" boss where all you have to do is make the Rival hit the wrong thing with the hammer or something.

As for the Rival's identity - well, that depends on what Link will do and who he will meet before he enters the dungeon. Right now I'm imagining him/her as being a deluded, Quixotic knight errant.

Rakki
08-29-2006, 08:22 PM
I think you meant the rival changes it from Fire to Ice in 2F, _L_. 2G is the farthest righthand room in the second row. There's no switcher indicated there. o.o

Anyway, not bad. I kind of dislike the lack of a second floor (one of the major problems, in my opinion, with my map), but it's not like I'm the one deciding what this place looks like. :p

Erm... by the way... Where does the player go after the first temperature switch? There's two hammer gates blocking the only ways to go. Unless the cyan colored arrow in the room down and left from the switch is supposed to be darker, so that it's a hidden bomb path...

ShadowTiger
08-29-2006, 08:25 PM
... ... *Floored* ... ... ... (I love maps. :D XD )

A few small requests though. Sorry to pile on the work, but you'll see why I'm requesting this:

1) A location of all the individual items. Keys, the three main dungeon items, map, compass, boss key, rupees, etc.

2) Gray out the arrows in terms of when the player will be taking that path. White arrows indicate routes able to be taken at any time, and silver ones represent ones gotten after one or more major items, and gray arrows represent paths taken only (Chronologically) when the boss key is gotten. I'm sure you can see how these will really help exhibit the power of a dungeon plan.

3) Why is the dungeon exitable in the ice caverns? o.o ... Hm. The player will expect to re-enter an ice caverns upon entering the caverns again. Thus, an FF script will be required, using an FF Script to keep track of which state the caverns are in. Think you're up for that? Surely it'll be peanuts for someone of your obvious skills, .. that much I'm sure of.

BTW, _L_, I know you have PM's turned off, but there's a matter I seriously need to speak with you about. Can you please activate your PM system so we can chat in private? Thanks. :) I appreciate it. ^^; (Yes, it's very important.)

_L_
08-30-2006, 01:26 AM
1) A location of all the individual items. Keys, the three main dungeon items, map, compass, boss key, rupees, etc.I already put those in! Didn't you see the tiny coloured squares?

3) Why is the dungeon exitable in the ice caverns? o.o ... Hm. The player will expect to re-enter an ice caverns upon entering the caverns again. Thus, an FF script will be required, using an FF Script to keep track of which state the caverns are in. Think you're up for that? Surely it'll be peanuts for someone of your obvious skills, .. that much I'm sure of.It'll be trivial when global variables are implemented.

BTW, _L_, I know you have PM's turned off, but there's a matter I seriously need to speak with you about. Can you please activate your PM system so we can chat in private? Thanks. :) I appreciate it. ^^; (Yes, it's very important.)...oh, very well. But just this once!

_L_
08-30-2006, 01:30 AM
Erm... by the way... Where does the player go after the first temperature switch? There's two hammer gates blocking the only ways to go. Unless the cyan colored arrow in the room down and left from the switch is supposed to be darker, so that it's a hidden bomb path...You're forgetting where the player will be within room 2F after the Rival presses the switch. Namely, right next to the west door.

Rakki
08-30-2006, 02:07 AM
You're forgetting where the player will be within room 2F after the Rival presses the switch. Namely, right next to the west door....You know what, I didn't even think of that. ^_^; I was thinking of getting around TO the switch, then having it switched.

beefster09
08-30-2006, 05:45 PM
You might like this one better. You should have a poll though.

stonewater.png (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stonewaterho0.png)

jman2050
09-01-2006, 04:04 PM
I suggest that one is picked so that it can be built as soon as possible. Also, what kind of obstacles will there be along the way? How can we take advantage of FF scripting here?

ShadowTiger
09-01-2006, 04:34 PM
The Poll (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=93299).

No more suggestions. We're on a time budget.

_L_
09-02-2006, 03:12 AM
How can we take advantage of FF scripting here?

Off the top of my head:

* The custom minibosses.
* Custom enemies.
* Mine carts, like in the Capcom Zeldas.
* Icicles/stalagmites randomly falling from the ceiling.
* Snow-covered rocks that get bigger the longer they roll.
* And those darned frictionless iceblock pushing puzzles.
EDIT:
* Superheated/superchilled rooms that you can only hang around in for a short time, or you'll start to take damage. They were in Ocarina of Time.
* Good old fire bars.

Rakki
09-02-2006, 04:35 AM
If nothing else, I'll at least have a few puzzles (using FFCs, of course ;)) to contribute to level 2.