PDA

View Full Version : How do you talk to people

pvd
08-28-2006, 11:23 AM
I have played a few custom quests but I can not figure out how to talk to the town people in some of them. Is there some button I need to hit?

erm2003
08-28-2006, 11:28 AM
For future reference, if you want help with the ZC Quest Editor, post under that forum. Surprisingly, in that forum, you can find this thread that should answer all your questions. Have fun.

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92462

SpacemanDan
08-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Firstly, questions about the editor should be posted in ZC Editor Help.

To answer your question:
1. Make a direct warp in front of the person you want to talk to.
2. Have the warp take you to an identical screen on a different DMap. (Set to a dungeon with the level set to 255, or a level that you will not use.)
3. The screen that you are sent to should have a guy, what ever your string is and, (if your using one) a message box.
4. Have direct warps around where Link should be when you talk to the person, taking you back to the other screen where the person does not talk.

NOTE: If you are using anything under 2.11b10, you will only be able to have on person per screen that will be able to talk. If you ARE using 2.11b10 or higher, you can have up to four. Just repeat using a different warp. (Warp A,B,C or D)

EDIT: Erm2003 beat me to it.

pvd
08-28-2006, 11:45 AM
I was not trying to make a quest I was just trying to find out why I can not talk to the little people who are around the towns. I guess it is safe to assume some characters are decoration and you do not talk to; like the old man who pops out of the walls.

Thank you though.

elise
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah most don't talk , and if they talk you can only listen and not talk back ;)