PDA

View Full Version : Generic Scripts

idontknow
08-28-2006, 01:58 AM
In this thread, state what sort of scripts you would like made for you if you don't know how to script yourself. Hopefully we can get a compiliation of various generic scripts for everyone to use.

Here are some that i would like:

-A freeform raft/platform where once you board, you can move link around the ocean on it until he reaches shore again.

-Climbing Link...not sure if its possible, but perhaps a script where Link approaches a ladder & then it looks like he is climbing and he can only move up or down until he reaches the top or bottom.

-A character that follows Link. Not only does it follow in Links direction, but perhaps a way of making it change appearance based on the direction its moving (maybe that just requires the 'eyeball' combo)

-A trap that moves in a clockwise circle & one that moves in a counter-clockwise circle

-A moving platform where when Link walks on it, he moves along with it (without the player holding a direction button) until it reaches a certain point in which link steps off of it

-Fireballs that rotate, like in the original Super Mario Bros. games for NES.

Limzo
08-28-2006, 04:09 AM
-A freeform raft/platform where once you board, you can move link around the ocean on it until he reaches shore again.
L demonstrated this in his quest. We already have the code. It just requires a direct warp combo to replace the dock and then the water is just walk-able non-water combos that you walk around with the code to place a picture of a raft below Link.

-Climbing Link...not sure if its possible, but perhaps a script where Link approaches a ladder & then it looks like he is climbing and he can only move up or down until he reaches the top or bottom.
I think that this is a great idea. I couldn't write the code myself though.

-A character that follows Link. Not only does it follow in Links direction, but perhaps a way of making it change appearance based on the direction its moving (maybe that just requires the 'eyeball' combo)
It would just require an eyball combo, yes, and we already have the code to make something follow Link as well.

-A trap that moves in a clockwise circle & one that moves in a counter-clockwise circle
I'm not quite sure what you mean? Please could you explain again?

-A moving platform where when Link walks on it, he moves along with it (without the player holding a direction button) until it reaches a certain point in which link steps off of it
I think that we can pull Link along can't we with freeform combos?
If not, we can just make it so that Link falls off if he doesn't move with the platform. It was that way in The Minish Cap so I think it should be okay.

-Fireballs that rotate, like in the original Super Mario Bros. games for NES.
Again, that was in L's quest. We already have the code.

_L_
08-31-2006, 02:41 AM
I'd like a script that can take two coordinates (x,y and d0,d1) and produce values for xd and yd such that the FFC at x,y will move at speed 1 along the line that joins x,y and d0,d1.

Rakki
08-31-2006, 03:48 AM
I'd like a script that can take two coordinates (x,y and d0,d1) and produce values for xd and yd such that the FFC at x,y will move at speed 1 along the line that joins x,y and d0,d1.Uhh, what? You want a script that reads it's own X and Y data, and the two variable values given by another script (I assume), which I assume are direction and speed, and make an FFC appear at X and Y going in direction (d0) at speed (d1)? If so, I'm surprised someone of your scripting calibur hasn't ALREADY made it. ^_^; Seriously though, I'll take a whack at that if you can point me to a thread or whatever that explains like, all of the script commands (although I already know what a bunch of them do).

_L_
08-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Uhh, what? You want a script that reads it's own X and Y data, and the two variable values given by another script (I assume), which I assume are direction and speed
Not correct. d0 and d1 are another set of coordinates.

EDIT: Hmm... I've just now thought of a solution - but it requires the use of the square root function that isn't present in the current beta. Tarnation, I say!
Also, the only reference to the current ZQuest scripting language is halfway down this topic. (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92823)

Rakki
08-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Ahhh, I see what you're saying now. This script would cause the combo to move from it's original point to the point specified by d0, d1, correct?

And, thanks for that. :D