DarkDragon
08-28-2006, 12:27 AM
;).

erm2003
08-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Oh boy. Here we go again.

idontknow
08-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Item Editor! (Probably using scripting just like FFCs)

If i am right, this is great, except for the difficulty in learning how to script

Questwizard88
08-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Hmm... New GUI finally going in perhaps?

*b*
08-28-2006, 02:02 AM
This is the part where I get on AIM and bug you every day until you tell me what this is

Tygore
08-28-2006, 02:42 AM
Did Nintendo finally make us drop all ties to their franchise?

Dart Zaidyer
08-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Oh boy, another cryptic hype-machine thread.

I wager this is going to be another feature that people have been asking for, but we've been assured many times will "never happen".

Limzo
08-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Lemme guess, custom Subscreens WASN'T the thing you've been hiding for a long time and it's something else instead. It's probably that the Cane of Byrna is fixed or...

We're Getting Pokémon In Zc! All 386! Whoo!

Rakki
08-28-2006, 04:53 AM
Ahh, nice, Beta 13. :D I suppose I better get to learning all the current FFC functions now, so that I'll be able to think of things to do with the new ones once you upload Beta 13. :p

ShadowTiger
08-28-2006, 10:47 AM
:)

;).

:( :) ;) :naughty: :shakeno: :kawaii: :disgust: :blah:

See? I can do it too.

Getting tired of threads like this. :sweat: They get me all excited, then I have to go back to school.

:rolleyes:.

rocksfan13
08-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Full DOS mode! Yes!

Dlbrooks33
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I'll just wait and see, cause school starts next week for me and I'll just be starting highschool, age 13

Nick
08-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Did you not learn your lesson from the last thread? :blah:

To be honest, I think it is probably more scripting... as you've dropped hints (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=93055) before that other things might be scripted.

Speaking of all of this... don't get too carried away. I'd like to see a full 2.11 with fixed bugs before ZC completely changes, as would other people. :shrug:

Saffith
08-28-2006, 12:00 PM
To be honest, I think it is probably more scripting... as you've dropped hints (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=93055) before that other things might be scripted.Exactly why it's not going to be that. Too obvious, too predictable. It'll be something like scrolling areas, or a higher resolution, or something even more farfetched.

... Then again, I suppose it could be a full-fledged enemy editor (or perhaps something even broader... an "entity editor," maybe?). The FFC scripting's already not that far off, and it's something people have been begging for for a long time. It's just hard to believe there'd be quite such obvious allusions to it.

Eh. We'll see.

Shoelace
08-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Hopefully it is the new String Editor. I think that would be freakin' awesome; To change the font, color, style. :P

Freedom
08-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Speaking of all of this... don't get too carried away. I'd like to see a full 2.11 with fixed bugs before ZC completely changes, as would other people. :shrug:

seconded

rocksfan13
08-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes. That would be nice. Is that why Zelda Classic is changing? Hmm.....

Mega Link
08-28-2006, 01:50 PM
History is repeating it's self...

*Smacking my forehead*

Duh! I think he is saing 'Zelda Classic is changing to Zelda 3 Classic'!

Luigi
08-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Duh! I think he is saing 'Zelda Classic is changing to Zelda 3 Classic'!

That's what I thought - a name change (seems somewhat logical) !

Dlbrooks33
08-28-2006, 02:54 PM
i think someone better lock this topic before it produces spam like the last one

ShadowTiger
08-28-2006, 02:56 PM
i think someone better lock this topic before it produces spam like the last one

It's really up to the devs themselves. They're building the game, so they're allowed to have as much fun with the Dev forums as they'd like. :p

CJC
08-28-2006, 03:43 PM
An enemy editor would be nice, especially if it's as liquid and movable as the subscreen editor is.

But I know better than to get excited about these things, and I'm betting it's another code feature.
Whatever it turns out to be, I'm sure it'll be mind-splitting.

Noli
08-28-2006, 04:13 PM
:( :) ;) :naughty: :shakeno: :kawaii: :disgust: :blah:

See? I can do it too.

Getting tired of threads like this. :sweat: They get me all excited, then I have to go back to school.

So can I watch this!
:( :) :rolleyes: :D :tongue: ;) :cool: :mad: :confused: :shakeno: :googly: :scared: :naughty: :mischief: :uhoh: :heart: :evil: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cbailey78
08-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh, I am getting really excited, Jman! I can't wait to find out what changes would be!:D

Questions
08-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Not this again :(

*kicks Jman in the testies*

ò_ó

jman2050
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM
All I'll say is that the change is fundamental in nature.

:)

Rulehy
08-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Tree combos? lol I guess we will wait and see... You like these threads, don't you, jman?

ShadowTiger
08-28-2006, 06:16 PM
I think he means that it's going against Z1 entirely.

Well, that's one way of putting it. :rolleyes:

Mario's Hat
08-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm going to go ahead and guess a total engine rewrite. They've been mentioning it for a while as a reason why they can't implement certain features *coughrocsfeathercough*

Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Warlock
08-28-2006, 06:36 PM
... into a werewolf.

Dlbrooks33
08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
So can I watch this!
:( :) :rolleyes: :D :tongue: ;) :cool: :mad: :confused: :shakeno: :googly: :scared: :naughty: :mischief: :uhoh: :heart: :evil: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can do it 3x better
:( :) :rolleyes: :D :tongue: ;) :cool: :mad: :confused: :shakeno: :googly: :scared: :googly::naughty::mischief::uhoh::eyebrow::sly::ev il::newbie:

This "changing" thing isn't going to be anything other than what we suggested to add long ago, most likely, it will be the tiles that play sound effects when touched.

cbailey78
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Maybe free screen scrolling! :D

Nicholas Steel
08-28-2006, 08:18 PM
a full text editor that allows you to build your quest entirely via text commands?

ShadowTiger
08-28-2006, 08:27 PM
... ... Hush you. o_o ... :p Enough with your schenanigans.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if a complete rebuild was in order. I remember them saying one or two years ago that a complete and total reconstruction of ZC was in order, that it'd be recoded from the ground up, which would make pretty much anything easier.

... ...

AFTER the bug fixes of course. ;)

Modus Ponens
08-28-2006, 09:03 PM
No, I got it--new icon! It has a new icon, right, guys?

...Guys?

Rakki
08-29-2006, 12:49 AM
...Seriously guys, do you know how many months, if not more than a year or two, it would take for a TOTAL rewrite which included all of the functions we currently have? I highly doubt, even with the number of active devs there are now, that they've done so in the past two weeks. Remember that beta 12 was just released mid-way through this month.

If anything radical, I'm guessing this'll either be the new text engine (which would allow for text boxes as well), or the enemy editor (more likely, since hints were dropped about it in the beta 12 thread).

redmage777
08-29-2006, 04:24 AM
Both Enemy and Item editors can't be that far from reach. FFC Scripting has laid the ground work for both already. What is an enemy but an internalized FFC? What is a item but an internalized trigger for a FFC?

Nicholas Steel
08-29-2006, 06:14 AM
...Seriously guys, do you know how many months, if not more than a year or two, it would take for a TOTAL rewrite which included all of the functions we currently have? I highly doubt, even with the number of active devs there are now, that they've done so in the past two weeks. Remember that beta 12 was just released mid-way through this month.

If anything radical, I'm guessing this'll either be the new text engine (which would allow for text boxes as well), or the enemy editor (more likely, since hints were dropped about it in the beta 12 thread).

they are more capable then you think of doing such a thing.... im sure they may have recoded from the ground up and just mashed it with the old gui to get the bugs in the engine (not the gui) worked out.

*b*
08-29-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm guessing it's something that is a significant change to the developers, but to us peons, we won't even see it

rocksfan13
08-29-2006, 08:59 AM
A complete, stable 2.10 release!? Oh that would be wonderful.

ZoraJolteon
08-29-2006, 09:14 AM
You can use Roc's Feather while riding a Horse over a bridge?

Nicholas Steel
08-29-2006, 09:15 AM
they are more capable then you think of doing such a thing.... im sure they may have recoded from the ground up and just mashed it with the old gui to get the bugs in the engine (not the gui) worked out.

i meant that they may have recoded the gui but kept the engine the same.... and atm they are still using the old gui till the new one is completly complete.

Dlbrooks33
08-29-2006, 09:26 AM
its probably another romhack from jman going into ZC that we never thought of adding before

Saffith
08-29-2006, 11:45 AM
All I'll say is that the change is fundamental in nature.

:)You mean 2.11 is going to be assware (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fundament&x=0&y=0)?

Tygore
08-29-2006, 12:58 PM
A complete, stable 2.10 release!? Oh that would be wonderful.

The problem with that is that it would need to be tested for bugs first...

elise
08-29-2006, 01:24 PM
A complete, stable 2.10 release!? Oh that would be wonderful.yeah that already would be a big change enough for me at this moment :D

The_Amaster
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
most likely, it will be the tiles that play sound effects when touched.
I doubt it. Thats a feature, while big, is not gigantic, kinda like the subscreen editor. If it's big enough ot warrent another of Jmans "Revolution" threads, It's gotta be pretty big. Shoot, and I've barely learned FFC scripting, and now a whole nother thing.

rocksfan13
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
The problem with that is that it would need to be tested for bugs first...

We already know the bugs in it. Shouldn't be too hard to fix them and have a few check it.

Freedom
08-29-2006, 02:21 PM
We already know the bugs in it. Shouldn't be too hard to fix them and have a few check it.

I'd even come out of retirement for that. ;)

Noli
08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
I can do it 3x better
:( :) :rolleyes: :D :tongue: ;) :cool: :mad: :confused: :shakeno: :googly: :scared: :googly::naughty::mischief::uhoh::eyebrow::sly::ev il::newbie:

This "changing" thing isn't going to be anything other than what we suggested to add long ago, most likely, it will be the tiles that play sound effects when touched.

Okay how about this!
:( :) :rolleyes: :D :tongue: ;) :cool: :mad: :confused: :shakeno: :googly: :scared: :googly::naughty::mischief::uhoh::eyebrow::sly::ev il::newbie::newbie::newbie::newbie::newbie::newbie :

rocksfan13
08-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Don't you guys think stuff like that belongs in the Face Fu Time thread. Not here.
It's getting ridiculous.

KingOfHeart
08-29-2006, 05:18 PM
I heard you are going to add a bit of scripting to Zelda Classic. That sounds very nice if this is true. It's been more then three years since I used ZC but this might give me some interest again.

Tygore
08-29-2006, 05:49 PM

Yes, but keep in mind all testing is currently open.

And Pikachu, I can tell that you're new. First of all, welcome to AGN. Secondly, the latest beta has scripting in place for freeform combos. New scripting functions have been hinted at. Popping up during a public beta testing phase will probably make things confusing, so take some time to figure out what's new.
EDIT: I have been informed by an... informant that you aren't "new" in the strictest sense in the word. In any case, I can tell that you haven't been around these parts much, so... apply that as you will.

cbailey78
08-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Don't you guys think stuff like that belongs in the Face Fu Time thread. Not here.
It's getting ridiculous.

I DEFINITELY agree! It is getting very ridiculous as heck! So LAST WARNING One more smilies mess, Jman will get furious and will ban you forever!

Rakki
08-29-2006, 07:16 PM
i meant that they may have recoded the gui but kept the engine the same.... and atm they are still using the old gui till the new one is completly complete.But the GUI isn't the main problem, the engine itself is. The original ZC engine was NOT designed for expandability, which is why it's taken so many years to expand upon it as much as the Devs have. A complete rewrite, from the ground up, for the engine itself would almost definately take a long time, unless they miraculously managed to add dozens of current features to it each day and not hit ANY major snags at ALL.

Cloral
08-29-2006, 07:49 PM
This entire thread is useless. Maybe if we all stop posting in these pointless threads, jman will get bored and tell us what the new feature or whatever is.

Rulehy
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow. Good point. I think it is too hard for people not to post in these threads.
It was for me! lol Lets see if it can happen.

Rakki
08-29-2006, 08:07 PM
The only reason I've posted more than once is to try and say what is most likely realistically possible to the people who were expecting something as large as an engine rewrite (not trying to call you out or anything, franpa, if it seems that way, as others have mentioned it as well). And now I've posted to explain why I'm posting. Also, though, to mention that I doubt that Jman purposely holds over beta releases until we stop talking about it. Rather, I'm almost certain that he posts these topics a few days in advance of when they expect to be done with the current beta, so as to stir up excitement for the new beta.

Master_of_Power
08-30-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm enjoying this, Jmans a messiah of annoyance, and its keeping me entertained for hours

The_Amaster
08-30-2006, 09:11 PM
See, it's spammfull thread like this that really allow us to bond and get to know each other, while providing entertainment for those sane enough not to participate.(i.e: Everyone else)
I'm wondering though, after FFCS, how can they top that in such a short time?

Love For Fire
08-30-2006, 10:22 PM
See, it's spammfull thread like this that really allow us to bond and get to know each other, while providing entertainment for those sane enough not to participate.(i.e: Everyone else)
I'm wondering though, after FFCS, how can they top that in such a short time?

Maybe by completing the subscreen editor. My guess goes to being able to chose two items for A and B (like in Link's Awakening).

Rakki
08-31-2006, 04:04 AM
Maybe by completing the subscreen editor. My guess goes to being able to chose two items for A and B (like in Link's Awakening).That would be something that'll "open the floodgates" on quest development? :p Honestly, I think they want to implement item and enemy scripting. With the scripting system we've got now, it doesn't seem too far away.

Limzo
08-31-2006, 05:11 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

koopa
08-31-2006, 08:43 AM
You can use Roc's Feather while riding a Horse over a bridge?

No. But that did make me lol.

Shoelace
08-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Maybe they will be adding the new combo type, slash -> next! You know, if you slash it, it would turn into the next combo after it. That would be awesome! But I guess that isn't revolutary...

I am hoping, Global Triggers.

ShadowTiger
08-31-2006, 03:11 PM
I think Global triggers are already possible now, ... or, ... will be possible in a period of time so short as to be trivial to wait.

I'd love to see the slash->Next combo though. ;-p ___->Next is very, very appealing to me in general. You can do so much with those things.

*b*
08-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Guys, remember jman said this is a change "fundamental in nature", meaning that it's probably some modification (albeit a huge one) to the existing features. Probably something to do with a code-rewrite to allow features like cridges, horses, feathers, and ZC-style screen scrolling (large areas, no screens)

Slash -> Next probably dosen't fall into this category

There is no doubt in my mind, however, that whatever this is, it's going to be big. OoT release date big

Rakki
08-31-2006, 06:16 PM
There is no doubt in my mind, however, that whatever this is, it's going to be big. OoT release date bigYou don't mean, TP release date big (since ZC and TP share the whole lengthy development thing)? :rolleyes:

*b*
08-31-2006, 06:42 PM
You don't mean, TP release date big (since ZC and TP share the whole lengthy development thing)? :rolleyes:

No, I meant OoT release big. Do you remember the hype and amazingly long lines to get the pre-ordered copies?

Rakki
09-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I was trying to make a joke, *B*. ^_^; But no, I don't remember, because I didn't actually go and get OoT, my parents got it as an Xmas present for me. :p

Mega Link
09-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Uhhh....

Enemy editor?
Idem editor?
NPC editor?

What is it!?

xXVolvagiaXx
09-01-2006, 07:50 PM
....Hopefully its a bar at the top of the editor that finally lets you downsize or exit it or something....

Nicholas Steel
09-01-2006, 08:03 PM
will it eventually be possible to drag windows in both zelda-w.exe and zquest.exe around like normal windows windows can?

WindStrike
09-01-2006, 09:56 PM
/me suggests new name for this thread.
Zelda Classic is Spamming
... no wait...
ZC Developers Promote Spam
That's what it looks like from here... the members replying pretty much just state suggestions. Or things that have been suggested over the past years... like ROC'S FEATHER = POINTLESS BECAUSE OF LADDER (A PASSIVE ROC'S FEATHER) AND LIMITATIONS TO TWO BUTTONS PLUS R, L, START, AND SELECT, AND PLUS ALL OF THE EXTRA WORK INVOLVED IN CREATING JUMPING ANIMATIONS. END OF STORY.
Yeah... I'm just going to stop right there for a while.

EDIT: It seems I just temporarily took over the Beta stuff with 3 new posts... one in each. Hooray for me!
EDIT: Nevermind... *b* just took one.

Master_of_Power
09-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Its the dialogue editor...

As in you won't need to use pay for info room types to have more that one unique message per guy, or you won't need to use warps to make the guy say something different each time you come back.

Useful in my opinion

There's only one more real feature I personally want to include in ZC before release, and that's the dialogue editor. Other than that and the scripting language (which is getting tighter and more table every day), I'm doin nothing but bug fixing and small minor additions.

Nicholas Steel
09-02-2006, 07:45 PM
/me suggests new name for this thread.
Zelda Classic is Spamming
... no wait...
ZC Developers Promote Spam
That's what it looks like from here... the members replying pretty much just state suggestions. Or things that have been suggested over the past years... like ROC'S FEATHER = POINTLESS BECAUSE OF LADDER (A PASSIVE ROC'S FEATHER) AND LIMITATIONS TO TWO BUTTONS PLUS R, L, START, AND SELECT, AND PLUS ALL OF THE EXTRA WORK INVOLVED IN CREATING JUMPING ANIMATIONS. END OF STORY.
Yeah... I'm just going to stop right there for a while.

EDIT: It seems I just temporarily took over the Beta stuff with 3 new posts... one in each. Hooray for me!
EDIT: Nevermind... *b* just took one.

DUDE HOW THE !@#$ ARE YOU MEANT TO JUMP OVER BAD GUYS WITH A LADDER??????? (based on how the ladder is used currently, and how the rocks feather should be implemented)

WindStrike
09-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Why jump over enemies with a feather when you can stand over a pit a kill darknuts with no problem? Besides, the movement isn't like in the gameboy games where enemies have diagonal movement and some other special knockback and movement acceleration properties. Anyways... if you're gonna bug anyone to have jumping over the enemies... just ask for the Roc's Cape - way better and with many points.

Ok... why the heck did I just post that as an arguementative counter when I have already said End of Story? And why am I continuing to post in this "spamful" thread?

_L_
09-02-2006, 10:44 PM
ROC'S FEATHER = POINTLESS BECAUSE OF LADDER (A PASSIVE ROC'S FEATHER) AND LIMITATIONS TO TWO BUTTONS PLUS R, L, START, AND SELECT, AND PLUS ALL OF THE EXTRA WORK INVOLVED IN CREATING JUMPING ANIMATIONS. END OF STORYAll I need to make Roc's Feather a reality is all of the following FFC script abilities:
* Scripts attached to items.
* The ability to toggle Link's collision detection on/off.
* The ability to make Link invisible (or just directly replace his sprite)
* The ability to read the type of a combo at (x,y).
* The ability to read the walkability of (x,y).
* The ability to read the player's keystrokes.

Nicholas Steel
09-02-2006, 11:26 PM
yes L that would be lovely to have such things... sorry for my outburst windstrike but what does enemies moving diagonal got to do with link himself? same with all the other stuff you said about enemies... that has no effect on jumping over them unless jumping over them hurts them thus possibly knocking them back to where you would land.

WindStrike
09-04-2006, 08:09 PM
So uhh... was that item editor in beta 12.9 one of the main things (Or was that THE thing and not just one of the things)? The reason I don't say the whole C thing is because just about everyone here knew it was being changed.

DarkDragon
09-04-2006, 08:13 PM
No. The change is on hold for the moment while we fix bugs.

EDIT: Actually, let me reconsider my answer. The change jman alluded to is gradual, and the current beta has been affected by it, but you guys just aren't able to see it yet. ;)

Nicholas Steel
09-04-2006, 08:16 PM
for clarification... no the item editor is not THE thing... it is just a normal new feature added like most previous things.

Rakki
09-05-2006, 01:42 AM
If anything, I'd say the "fundamental" change that's being added is being able to edit the SFX (besides the fact that it's now, FINALLY, embedded as well). Thanks for that one, Jman/whoever else added it. It's something I've been wanting to see for a long time. :)

cbailey78
09-23-2006, 04:02 AM
I'm betting it's gonna have a sidescrolling mode! Oh I am hoping so! I am going to keep staring at this thread! :drool:

rocksfan13
09-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Um. ZC has already changed. This thread was 2 weeks old man. Haven't you seen everything else yet?

Nicholas Steel
09-23-2006, 09:41 AM
the thing that WAS changing was that everything will be scriptable....

dimepiece
09-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Jman, your a twisted bastard. Keep up the good work.

Okay, let's go and get some beer and throw a football party tomarrow on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!

Winmoh
09-29-2006, 02:32 AM
To early.