PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Discarded Reggie Fils-Aime speech found?

Tygore
08-27-2006, 11:14 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?p=5040

If the posted speech is, in fact, from the trash bin of Mr. Fils-Aime, then we will see the following:

New DS 2D Metroid titled "Dread" by the end of the year
Gyroscope accessory (Think WarioWare:Topsy-Turvy) planned for Nintendo DS
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl out in February
Wii will have a steering-wheel attachment
New Kid Icarus game (Makes sense, with Pit's SSB:Brawl appearance)
Official Wii launch title count: 21
WII: One hundred and Seventy Five US Dollars, international release, October 2ndThose were the high points I grabbed, feel free to throw out whatever else grabs your eye.

erm2003
08-27-2006, 11:31 PM
I can only hope that this information ends up becoming truth. It will be neat to see what happens over the next couple months.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-27-2006, 11:40 PM
A lot of it makes logical sense...but any person could come up with a lot of those conclusions. Simply put...what are the chances that he would just drop such sensitive information into a trash can?

I thought there was a 2D Metroid game in the making, and then they canceled it...
A lot of the game names listed are strange...

I guess we will not know until more information is released, but I am doubting that the Wii can be ready for release by October 2nd. Developers have been told to have their projects ready by the end of October, from what I have heard.

Also, I highly doubt if this is an outline of the conference that he would type up a dismissal.

erm2003
08-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Exactly. Slim to nil. That's why I can only hope. It would be great for some of this to be dead on, however. I think we can all agree to that.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Alright, after actually looking through the whole thing...I am going to say that I am 100% positive this is fake.

There are many words that are misspelled...the HMD is bullshit...and most importantly, the paper is crumpled and the words are not. Clearly photoshopped.

Edit: One more thing. I would like to mention that whoever did this has WAY too much time on their hands. I mean...it really does sound a lot like Reggie.

Also, just like it says on the comments of that site...sure does suck that Reggie has to rewrite his whole speech for September 14th...maybe he was discouraged by all of the things that I am, such as the misspelled words?

Gerudo
08-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Fake? OMG NU WAI!!!!!1111

seriously, if you can't tell just by glancing at it, you phail.

Grasshopper
08-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Wario World: Dollar Safari
Metal Gear: Dark Snakes

I thought they got away from the clever "DS" titles.

The thing that pokes a hole in the credibilty for me is the fact that a Metroid game we've never heard of is all of a sudden going to be released sometime in the next 4 months. (3.5 if you base it off of the soon to happen Sept 14th speech)

I would think alot of these games would've been showed off during E3 if they were that close to being frinish.

And $175 sounds like an odd price. $179.99 is where they usually end up after $20 price cuts.

And as Ctrl+Alt+Del said, HMD stuff...thats a stretch even for a crazy Nintendo company.

Archibaldo
08-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Did you bother reading the actualt papers? I read a little snippet of it. It sounds like a 12 year old trying to put down all the other systems by giving vague information about how well Nintendo is doing and how poorly the other companies are doing.

Warlock
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
They've confirmed at least 27 launch titles. Sorry fake speech. I didn't even have to look at it to see it was a load of crap :P

Besides, why would he just have a "discarded speech" lying around? What, did Nintendo back out of a games convention at the last minute?

Edit: I looked at it. Jesus people! EVERY FREAKING PAGE HAS THE SAME BACKGROUND! That didn't clue any of you in?

ZTC
08-28-2006, 03:25 PM
I lol'd at the 'papers'

MottZilla
08-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Anytime someone says leaked Nintendo whatever you should call bullshit on it. Nintendo is one of the best at keeping secrets. There are tons of things Nintendo may have worked on that we never heard of simply because they don't let things get out. I'm sure nowdays they try even harder with the internet and such. And like it has been said, anyone could speculate some announcements to sound credible.

Grasshopper
08-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Its not going to be that easy to get into Nintendo's chastity belt. Nobody has a key to that but Nintendo.

This is a quote from that site too.

Good for a weekend chuckle I think. I apologize to the person who emailed this to me, but I just don’t believe that this story is true. ...someone took the time to write all this stuff up…so why not give it a home!