PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me detailed instructions on making like a minigame?

Plissken
08-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Because I would really like to make a game thing in my game.

LinkMaster500
08-28-2006, 10:39 AM
How you design the mini-game is entirely up to you, but can you tell me what type of mini-game would you like to make?

Here's where you can start. Make a screen with the room type "shop," but this will not be a traditional shop. Then pick only one item for sale. The item you want is "misc 1" which is an otherwise useless item. Assign a price to it so that the player will have to pay to play.

Then after paying the entry fee, Link can go north to where the mini-game actually starts. The mini-game could require Link to defeat enemies, chop bushes to find a switch that reveals a treasure chest or whatever you want it to be. That's why I asked what specifically you want to do.

In the mini-game screens, you might want to put in a timed warp--which activates after a certain amount of time has passed. To do this, press F9 and click on where it says "timed warp tics" and enter the amount of time in tics where a tic equals 1/60 of a second (e.g. 30 tics = .50 seconds). Then use a side warp (not a tile warp) to get this warp to work. You can use this warp to warp Link back to the entry room so that he has to pay again to play again.

Of course, don't forget to give Link some prize for winning, such as a piece of heart, rupees, or some key item. If you are familiar with the basics on secret combos and flags, you should not have much trouble.

Plissken
08-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Ok I was thinking some thing basic like a timed push block puzzle. Sorry I didn't say that before.
EDIT: Um nevermind I would really like something like the arrow minigame in Freedom's Link to Toruga.

LinkMaster500
08-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Okay. Can you describe that mini-game in more detail?

Plissken
08-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Ok. Well I don't want to copy him exactly but here's what he had. You walked on this star and behind a counter ducks came up and they went up and down (I know how to do that.) One was red and you were supposed to hit it with a boomerang/arrow. Then the up and down animation for that duck would stop and it would turn back to white. Then another one would turn red and you were supposed to hit it ect ect. Then when you hit all of them in 10 seconds (you already explained this thank you) a 50 rupee would pop up.

LinkMaster500
08-28-2006, 11:56 PM
I think the way Freedom made it was that when you hit the first duck, all the tiles around Link turn to tiles with the direct warp combo type, so that you warp to the next screen with the next duck. Then when you hit that target, it repeats until you win or lose. Then again, I have not played that quest.