PDA

View Full Version : Side Scrolling Trouble in a Dungeon

XxStalfosKingxX
08-26-2006, 08:22 PM
I am having trouble with the side scrolling in my dungeons. You see, when Link walks north and the screen scrolls north, Link doesn't stop on the south edge of next screen. Instead, he keeps walking north on next screen for a few paces then stops. This is a little hard for me to explain in words, maybe the diagram below might help. (hope its not too confusing)

screen 73
-----------------
| ^
|
|
| _____________
Link moves north on screen... ^ = direction

screen 63
-----------------
|
|
| X
| _____________
Link keeps moving north on second screen but stops at "X"

erm2003
08-26-2006, 08:23 PM
You need to use the Freeform Dungeons rule if you don't want the scrolling. Check your overhead combos if you are still using doors because you may need to make adjustments to them with this rule off.

XxStalfosKingxX
08-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Hmm, that does make sense. Well, I don't want to post another thread since I've already asked this question before in a previous thread long ago, but it was never answered, so is it possible to create two enemies with the same Zora actions, but different sprites? For instance, can i have one classic river Zora, but also a different-looking Zora with the same actions as the river one, all in one quest?

erm2003
08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
My guess is no unless the Zora flag uses different tiles than the Zora enemies that can be selected from the list. I am not sure if this is the case though.

XxStalfosKingxX
08-26-2006, 09:21 PM
I see. So I could use the "Zora Flag" tile and change that into one of my Fire Zora tiles. The only problem with that is that I might not be able to put in more than one Lava Zora per screen. Ehh that's okay though, I think I could live with that... but that leads me to, how do you change the enemy tiles for your quest? Like, lets say I wanted to change our common river Zora into this small lava creature. Would I just go into the Tile Editor and edit all of the original Zora tiles into the monster I desire?

erm2003
08-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes. The tiles that enemies use is hard coded so you would have to alter each tile in it's current position. For animated enemies you have to edit all of them to get the full animation.

XxStalfosKingxX
08-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Okay. Well I guess I'm ready to continue on with this quest. Thanks Erm2003!

fopo3141
10-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the zora flag and zora enemy uses the same tile set.