PDA

View Full Version : Ugh having trouble with the message strings not appearing

Plissken
08-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Ok I'm trying to make a house like in a town and when you walk in you go to a room. Now in the room all I want is for the guy to appear (altough he will be hidden by layers) and start saying the string I have said for it to say. I don't want it to be a C/I room cause then it won't go to the right screen same with a Passagway warp. Unfortunaltly those are the only warpsI can use so the talking will start. So what type of room should I make it and what type of warp to get this working? If it helps I'm trying to warp to a screen on another map.

erm2003
08-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Any type of warp into the room should work, but typically entrance/exit warps are used to go back and forth. The warp in the house would be a side warp back to the overworld screen and the warp outside would be a cave tile warp. What you may be missing here is your dmap should be set with the level number higher than 0 for the strings to work on the screen. See if that works for you.

Plissken
08-26-2006, 06:18 PM
I did what you said and all that happened was the guy appeared but didn't start talking. Do you have an aim so I can ask you about stuff when I get stuck. This is my first quest and it would be good to just have someone to answer my questions and possibly be a tester for quests.

erm2003
08-26-2006, 06:22 PM
It's in my profile... but if the guy appeared don't forget to set the string on the screen as well. You have to go to Data -> String and select it after you write the string in the other menu.