PDA

View Full Version : Some ZC engine questions for use in FFC development

_L_
08-26-2006, 12:07 AM
If I'm going to be making custom enemies with FFCs, then I'd like to be able to emulate the behaviour of engine-supported enemies to the letter. So, could someone answer me:

* When attacking enemies, for how many frames do they flash?
* ...and which Csets do they cycle through?
* ...and if they're ground enemies, how far are they knocked back?
* By how many pixels does each "speed" of enemy travel in one frame?
* When walking, how many pixels does Link travel in one frame?
* "Slow walk" halves this?
* How much does a conveyor belt combo add to Link's movement?

jman2050
08-26-2006, 12:36 AM
I'll answer your questions tomorrow, but for the meantime I implore you to have patience. We have big plans for the scripting engine ;)

_L_
08-26-2006, 04:12 AM
Plans that will make this line of questions unnecessary?

_L_
09-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Hey, waitaminute...

WindStrike
09-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Nani?
Short post?
zomgxorz? /me gets shot for that here.
Oops...

Anyways, uhh... are you trying to say something or art thou still trying to figure it out, oh great FFC god.

_L_
09-02-2006, 11:47 AM
(continued from previous post)
...he never answered my questions!

jman2050
09-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Ah shoot, you're right :/ I don't have the answers currently (never really looked that much in that part of the code) but I'll take a look later today.

jman2050
09-03-2006, 12:00 AM
If I'm going to be making custom enemies with FFCs, then I'd like to be able to emulate the behaviour of engine-supported enemies to the letter. So, could someone answer me:

* When attacking enemies, for how many frames do they flash?
* ...and which Csets do they cycle through?
* ...and if they're ground enemies, how far are they knocked back?
* By how many pixels does each "speed" of enemy travel in one frame?
* When walking, how many pixels does Link travel in one frame?
* "Slow walk" halves this?
* How much does a conveyor belt combo add to Link's movement?

1. 33 frames. As a sidenote, they are stunned 160 frames.
2. cset 6 for one frame, then 9 for two frames, then 8 for two, 7 for two, 6 for two, 9 for two, repeat until hit counter is depleted.
3. they are knocked back 64 pixels at most.
4. 4 pixels per frame.
5. easy in Z3-movement. just alternate between 1 and 2 frames for straight movement and 1 frame per direction in diagonal movement. for regular movement, not so easy. as a rule find (x or y position)&7 , then take the index to find one of these numbers: {1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1}. tat' the amount Link moves in that frame.
6. Pretty much. IIRC, for regular movement it basically follows a 1,0,1,0 pattern. For X3-movement, remove 1 from the current frame's movemet value every fourth frame.
7. 2 pixels in normal and Z3 movement. For normal movement, an exception is made for if adding 2 to the position causes Link to 'skip over' the 8x8 grid he snaps to If he's walking perpindicular to the conveyor's movement. In that case, it only takes him 1 pixel.

_L_
09-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Thank you.

But, I find that I will need one last question: at exactly what speed (pixels per frame) are enemies knocked back?

jman2050
09-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Sorry, number 4 was meant to answer that question. The REAL answer to number 4 is that speed/100 = per pixel speed.