PDA

View Full Version : NeoFirst's Intro:

ShadowTiger
08-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Okay, this is the part where I really don't have any personal preference whatsoever, so I really want to leave this up for grabs.

The very, very first thing(s) that you first see when you start up NeoFirst haven't been designed yet. Please present your thoughts on what you think should be here?

rocksfan13
08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Give the option of either going to tutorial mode(if you are still doing that part) or straight to the game.
Then the game would have it's very own intro. The story, the credits, and wantnot.

_L_
08-25-2006, 10:54 AM
There shouldn't be a title screen/credits sequence straight up, in my opinion. Leave that until when Link gets his first sword, er, stick.

I also don't think a tutorial mode will be necessary.

I was considering pulling the old "Surprise! It's exact same first room from First Quest, complete with 8-bit tiles!" trick, but I decided that too many people'd be expecting it.

Have we even agreed as to what the plot of this darned thing is? Something about Link hiding from moblins comes to mind...

ShadowTiger
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Well, NeoFirst will literally be an exhibition of all of 2.11's newest features through practical in-game examples. It should also teach people who to use them, both by being completely and totally unpassworded and free for everyone to use and borrow from, (So nobody "owns" anything in it and cannot restrict usage of anything within.) ... (Well, maybe except the midis, but that's slightly different.)

So Link will undertake this short quest to liberate the corrupted (AKA demystified) triforces from their hiding spots and unite them again to repower them, and to eliminate the source of the creation of the dark entity that's destroyed the Temple of Light. Once he has all three Triforce pieces, they'll "uncorrupt," (I hope.) and he'll be able to do battle with the final boss, the entity that spawned the Dark World in the parallel identical space to the Temple of Light.

Now, I know the hub will have two things to do: 1) Play The Quest, 2) Play The Credits, but I'm not sure if it should have a 3) Play The Tutorial.

... ... Oh ... crap. BRB Tornado.

The_Amaster
08-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I thin if it's a tutorial, it should not be just the basics. I mean, if they've actually found the site and decided to download ZC, chances are theyve played at least one Zelda game before, and know how to slash his sword, etc. Just my opinion.

ShadowTiger
08-25-2006, 03:32 PM
No, not how to play, but how to do what NeoFirst introduced. :p You know, the new stuff.

_L_
08-26-2006, 01:56 PM
So Link will undertake this short quest to liberate the corrupted (AKA demystified) triforces from their hiding spotsMy reading of this is that the Triforces are initially hidden (or rather, lost in obscurity since ancient times) and become corrupted by the Enemy while they are hidden. But then, how did they get lost in the first place?

Now, something that I don't want NeoFirst to have to enamour itself with is the need to fit its world into "official" Zelda continuity. I think it'd be quite refreshing to silently discard the events of prior Zelda games and leave the question of its continuity, well, open-ended.

In that case, all that NeoFirst will say of its backstory is that the Triforce was left in the Sacred Realm after the Creation, and at some point it was brought to the Overworld, and afterward it was divided into its components of Courage, Power and Wisdom, which were then lost in the mists of time. No explicit reference to Ganon or any past Zeldas or Links is needed or permitted. I'm quite emphatic that in this game's events Ganon should not be the Enemy, and I'm unsure as to whether Princess Zelda will even be present (Maybe, as she was in ZeldaC, she would take Abei's role as the Quest Dispatcher and Plot Purveyor? Hmm, I think I like that. I like that very much.)

Also! Will we still title our Overworld "Hyrule", even if it has no resemblance to canonical Hyrule geography? (http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=article_18) ...Well, do we?

and unite them again to repower them, and to eliminate the source of the creation of the dark entity that's destroyed the Temple of Light. Once he has all three Triforce pieces, they'll "uncorrupt," (I hope.) and he'll be able to do battle with the final boss, the entity that spawned the Dark World in the parallel identical space to the Temple of Light.
I propose a name for this dark entity: "The Phantom Shadow Tiger War Lord Menace from the Dark Nation."

(We'll just shorten it to "Lord Menace").

ShadowTiger
08-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Congratulations. You've made my sig. :p

My reading of this is that the Triforces are initially hidden (or rather, lost in obscurity since ancient times) and become corrupted by the Enemy while they are hidden. But then, how did they get lost in the first place?I wouldn't say that they're lost, really... ... I'd say that they were placed into the temples a *LONG* long time ago to safeguard them, so they were sort of lost on purpose. Then, however, the dark entity somehow discovered their locations and corrupted them (Dampened them, whatever.) So they were never really lost, in the traditional sense. They were just positioned carefully and strategically, then forgotten about to protect them. I guess it just didn't work out all that well, since they were discovered and dampened. :p

Now, something that I don't want NeoFirst to have to enamour itself with is the need to fit its world into "official" Zelda continuity. I think it'd be quite refreshing to silently discard the events of prior Zelda games and leave the question of its continuity, well, open-ended.Trust me, I also want to use as few TLOZ references as possible. Heck, we're only using "Link" because NeoFirst will also be a tileset, and people would probably want some sort of Link in there. It's easier to use a Link-like character so future people will use them as well. I highly doubt there will be any mention of "Zelda" in the quest either. Do note, however, that I don't want to displace any of the commonly used tiles, as, again, the quest will be used frequently in the future, assumedly. If Zelda's tile is missing, too many people probably wouldn't know where to put it again. Then again, if you'd like Zelda to be in Link's house to alert him to the recent events firsthand, that'd be great as well.

BTW, Latest Update (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/neofirst/NeoFirstB12d_8_26_06.qst).
I expanded the maps, got started on the L2 Template, worked on the L2 Boss, and I'm about 98% finished with the Mystic Forest. I worked on and optimized a lot of other areas too.