PDA

View Full Version : Fire Gleeok trouble

Pineconn
08-25-2006, 02:03 AM
*EDITED OUT*

Don't worry about it!

Freedom
08-25-2006, 02:25 AM
That sounds like a real stinker, I had the same problem with needing continuous movement to make my games work, never really did find a good way around it.

Maybe you could set some floor tiles to force Link to stand in a certain spot to "melt" the gleeok and then use just an insta warp instead of a direct/pit warp, setting his position to that spot, maybe it would work consistantly then, even though Link might shift a bit during the warp.

Pineconn
08-25-2006, 02:36 AM
You probably could imagine that this is a bummer. I had this planned out for literally several months, and!! ...it works half the time.

This is also most likely a bug, and is hopefully fixed in 2.11. I could test it in 2.11 to see if it is and report it. :-\

Well, I'll try your way. Sounds like it would work.

Freedom
08-25-2006, 02:58 AM
Yea, I'd guess it's fixed in the 2.11, I had a similar screen I built with sensitive warps that had secrets to trigger instead of a boss appearing, and it worked every time, so I can't say I actually tried to get a boss to appear that way, but the triggers worked so fast you couldn't see the change when you arrived anyway, and links movement or non movement didn't effect it either way.

Pineconn
08-25-2006, 12:25 PM
You know what caused the problem?

The water. I got rid of the water in the duplicate room and it seems to work every time. :eyebrow:

Modus Ponens
08-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Water and these damn problems! It's like my gohma not showing up. I'm willing to bet that with water present, you could have made keeses and peahats show up.

The_Amaster
08-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Could this relate to my problem, where I'm trying to make a pit, so I make an insta-warp to a black screen filled with damage tiles, and supposed to warp him out of there after one tic, but in actuality, warp him somehwere I cant tell, deals no damage, and leaves him there.