PDA

View Full Version : wtf is scientology

punkonjunk1024
08-25-2006, 01:35 AM
Googled. Wiki'd. And I went to their sites.
PRoblem?
NONE OF THEM FREAKING TELL ME WHAT IT IS.
Some bogus shit about how it's about making the world a better place.

Basically, now I'm curious about all this tom cruise insanity, and what the fuck eating a placenta has to do with religion, and how this religion relates to christianity, god, any type of deity, ect.

Wtf?

Starkist
08-25-2006, 02:12 AM
In the acid years, sci-fi writer L. Ron Hubbard created a religion based on using technology to bring humanity to perfection. Also something about aliens and volcanoes and stuff like that.

This anti-scientology site (http://xenu.net/) may provide balance to the pro-sites out there.

Lilith
08-25-2006, 04:15 AM
---

Darth Marsden
08-25-2006, 05:35 AM
I believe they went over the basic principle on an episode of South Park that got Tom Cruise to have a hissy fit. Shouldn't be a problem now though, eh? I liberally quote from that episode. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but whatever it is, it's always good for a laugh.

You see, Stan, there is a reason for people feeling sad and depressed. An alien reason. It all began 75 million years ago. Back then there was a galactinc federation of planets which was ruled over by the evil Lord Xenu. Xenu thought his galaxy was overpopulated, and so he rounded up countless aliens from all different planets and then had those aliens frozen.
The frozen alien bodies were loaded onto Xenu's galactic cruisers, which looked like DC-8s, except with rocket engines. The cruisers then took the frozen alien bodies to our planet, to Earth, and dumped them into the volcanoes of Hawaii. The aliens were no longer frozen, they were dead. The souls of those aliens, however, lived on, and all floated up towards the sky. But the evil Lord Xenu had prepared for this.
Xenu didn't want their souls to return! And so he built giant soul-catchers in the sky! The souls were taken to a huge soul brain-washing facility, which Xenu had ALSO built on Earth. There the souls were forced to watch days of brainwashing material which tricked them into believing a false reality. Xenu then released the alien souls, which roamed the earth aimlessly in a fog of confusion. At the dawn of man, the souls finally found bodies which they can grab onto. They attached themselves to all mankind, which still to this day causes all our fears, our confusions, and our problems.
...and if that really is true, then you can see why it's been so ridiculed.

Verman
08-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Hubbard and another guy wrote up religions and picked the one that was the best for publication. Liek a competition. I can't for the life of remember who it was...clarke??? fuck...I gotta find that page.

Yeah read about scientology its a hardcore cult. plus you have to pay more and more money to get to different levels OC and the like.

Fun read but god they are retarded, like jehovahs on steroids hah

moocow
08-25-2006, 10:28 AM
They want all your money, and if you try to leave them they kill you.

It's a cult!

AHhhhH.

Eckels
08-25-2006, 11:27 AM
the funniest thing is... L. Ron Hubbard wasn't a "religious prophet". He was a science fiction writer. And most people will tell you, not a very good one at that.

And mooie... that signature picture is the best. Anything that compiles Dogs, Sex, Vomit and then proceeding to eat the vomit... Well that's just A+ #1 in my book.

Saffith
08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
The particular book that Scientology is based on (Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health) isn't just any science fiction book: it's a sci-fi self-help book. I think that in itself is one of the most bizarre things I've heard of.
It was a pretty strange one at that. Asthma, color blindness, cancer, arthritis, and all sorts of other ailments... All the result of supressed, unpleasant memories. And all you have to do to cure them is remember.

And mooie... that signature picture is the best. Anything that compiles Dogs, Sex, Vomit and then proceeding to eat the vomit... Well that's just A+ #1 in my book.Second.

moocow
08-25-2006, 01:30 PM
And mooie... that signature picture is the best. Anything that compiles Dogs, Sex, Vomit and then proceeding to eat the vomit... Well that's just A+ #1 in my book.

I saw it and thought of you, babe.

Verman
08-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Scientology makes me think of Nicole Kidman which in turn makes me horny.

I'm horny.

Jeez...

Tygore
08-25-2006, 03:28 PM
The big thing about Scientology is that you have to spend more money in order to access the higher levels of teaching. Meaning that Scientology and their excellent legal team work very hard to make sure that the public knows as little as possible about their core documents.

AtmaWeapon
08-25-2006, 11:14 PM
All you really need to know about Scientology packaged in easy-to-swallow format:

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion"

I also recommend perusing xenu.net, I spent a whole day there then wondered why I wasted the time, but it was kind of fun I guess.