PDA

View Full Version : Lame-o problem

Arth99
08-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Well 2. :P
Well
1. How do I change the Graphics to like GB?
2. How do I make stairs link to another room? And what is the room code..
Yes, I know newb q's >_>

erm2003
08-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Well 2. :P
Well
1. How do I change the Graphics to like GB?
2. How do I make stairs link to another room? And what is the room code..
Yes, I know newb q's >_>

Answers:

1. You can import graphics. Easy way to do this is to find the game boy set from PureZC (www.purezc.com) under tilesets and import it that way. If it comes with a qst file just open the quest file through ZQuest and you can build on that. If it's a different file type then it can be imported when opening a new quest. You can also check the Developers Exchange forum here for some of these things too.

2. To make stairs work you have to use a tile warp. Go to Data -> Tile Warp (or press F10) for the menu. Select the type of warp (entrance/exit, passageway, etc.) from the menu. The coordinates for the screen you are on are shown in the lower left. If you are in the overworld, you can just use those coordinates after selecting the dmap that it's in. If you are using this in a level, you need to use the 8x8 grid on the dmap to figure out the warp coordinates. You can click on Go to make sure it brings you to the right screen. Make sure you put the blue square on the destination screen to show where Link will appear. Play around with this a bit and you will see how easy it is to get tile warps to work.

I am guessing that you picked up ZC 2.10. If you have a different version these instructions should still basically be the same. Just let us know if you have more questions or if there is any more confusion here.

Arth99
08-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks alot! :D

Arth99
08-25-2006, 05:52 AM
Ok, how do I upload the sprite sheet things >.<

erm2003
08-25-2006, 11:17 AM
You need to select the Grab option on the main tiles page which you can find under the graphics options. You can then browse for a file and import your new tiles that way.