PDA

View Full Version : What will the "Quest Tokens" be?

_L_
08-23-2006, 10:30 PM
What will be waiting at the end of each dungeon? Let's see what a few of the candidates are...

* Triforces
The old diehard. Personally, I think NeoFirst should assert to its players that, thanks to the Subscreen Editor, no longer must the Quest Token be a fragment of the Golden Power!

* Zelda 2 (you put crystals into statues to break a barrier somewhere)
This differs from the other suggestions in that you lose the Token rather than receive it.

* Spiritual Stones / Goddess Pearls / Pendants
Zelda theory says that the Spiritual Stones of OoT have shapechanging properties, and that the Stones, the Goddess Pearls collected by the Hero of Winds and the Pendants collected by the Hero of Triforce/Light are the same items adapted to their respective ages. However, tradition also holds that the Spritual Stones are always used to unlock the Master Sword. This may cause a problem.

* Master Sword fragments
In this case there'd just be two of them, for the first and second dungeons. Remember that the "Master Sword" doesn't have to be the Level 4 Sword if we don't want it to be.

* No token, just another piece of equipment.
A bold suggestion! The downfall of a major dungeon boss rewards you with a new power that is vitally necessary to enter the final dungeon!

Any other ideas?

ShadowTiger
08-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Heheh. Check it out.

http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/spritesforyou/CorruptedTriforcePreview.gif
This, is a Corrupted Triforce.

Erase the blue flashy outline, and you'll have your item. Essentially, the Dark World is being formed due to the lack of control the triforces now give, since they have been corrupted by an unseen force. So you are indeed collecting Triforces... ... just ... they're all corrupt. :p Not EVIL, .. just not doing their job anymore. "Dampened" would be a suitable word for it, I guess. You need all three Triforces to reach the final boss. The third Triforce piece is actually gotten -IN- the final level.

Tygore
08-28-2006, 12:19 AM
I like the idea of something like Zelda 2, where you already have the collectables and have to deposit them. Part of me also thinks that, since this IS NeoFirst, a lack of Triforce pieces may be in order (instead going with the "you have to beat the bosses to get the equipment to pass the last level" option, or something to that effect).

Another idea: a little tricky, although I'm sure it could be SOMEHOW pulled off: you can't beat every dungeon. After beating any 8 of 10 (or something to that effect), the apocalypse happens and you go straight to the final dungeon, the idea being that you miss out on some items that could otherwise help you in the final dungeon (being extra careful not to make anything missable required, of course).

beefster09
08-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, this reminds me how i broke up my triforce into cracked pieces. hint hint. None have to look alike you know. Take advantage of that. Use the normal triforce, only corrupted.