PDA

View Full Version : About being able to use tiles.

Plissken
08-23-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm kinda new at this and I can't figure how to get some tiles like my edited ones on the tile menu in Quest onto the righthand bar. I did it the way someone told me to but it's not working. There's something to do with leeching? Thanks in advanced.

Pineconn
08-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Leeching? No, no, no.

It's very simple. Right-click an empty tile on the right-hand bar. This will pop up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zquest_tile.png

You see the box in the upper row of three box? The one with some green hearts? Click on that. Select the desired tile you want. The tile will now appear on the right-hand bar. The box to the right of this one (in the center) will allow you to make, a quarter at a time, the combo solid or not. Pink = solid. The box to the right (on the right) will allow you to use a different Color Set, or CSet, on a quarter [at a time] of the combo. Light blue = different CSet.

CSet 2: Only applies to light blue portions of the combo.

A. Frames: The number of tiles used in this combo. 2 means two tiles of animation, 54 means fifty-four. The tiles used in animation are ALWAYS to the right of the selected tile for this combo.

A. Speed: How fast the tiles animate on this combo. 0 is really fast, 60 is slow. So that means 5 is still kind of fast, and 29 is a little slow. Only applies when A. Frames has a value of 2 or higher.

Next: Determine the next combo that this combo will swap to. Don't worry about this. It's used for combo cycling, an advanced technique. If you really want to know, ask.

Type: Allows you to select a type this combo will be. For example, Conveyor Down means Link will move down upon stepping on this. Overhead means Link will appear under it. Water means Link can swim in it. NOTE: When using a water combo, it must be solid in order to have Link to swim in it.

If you haven't, I suggest you download Alphadawg's ZQuest Tutorial. (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=91177) It will help you use ZQuest greatly.