PDA

View Full Version : The motherfucking TSA stole my ipod

DarkDragon
08-22-2006, 01:41 AM
So I just moved back home from Houston to Louisville this afternoon, and when I got home and inspected my luggage, I found a "Notice of Baggage Inspection" pamphlet in my bag, but what was NOT in my bag was my iPod mini. I guess this gives me good reason to updade to a Nano, but still, wtf, these people are supposed to be protecting us against terror, and they can't even be trusted to keep their hands out of our own citizen's shit.
I'm going to file a claim with the TSA but I don't have a chance in hell of getting reimbursed; I can't really prove it was their fault nor can I even prove I had an ipod in that bag in the first place.
What's extra weird is that the ipod, headphones, charger, and USB cable were all stolen, but $20 cash that was packed right under it was utterly untouched.

Darth Marsden
08-22-2006, 05:09 AM
That freakin' sucks! Airport security is really strict these days, but what possible harm could an iPod do? Blow up a plane? Hope this has a happy ending, man.

AtmaWeapon
08-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Airport security is really strict these days, but what possible harm could an iPod do? Blow up a plane?Precisely. Bombs require some manner of detonation charge, and the reason that small electronic devices are on the DO NOT BRING ON THE AIRPLANE list is the idea that someone could use a small electronic device as the detonator for a bomb. (Face it, an iPod is a lot less suspicous than 6 AA batteries and a bunch of wire.) Recently, a plot was uncovered that in magic fairy land would have produced powerful explosives from chemicals smuggled inside of drink bottles, and small devices such as disposable cameras were to be used as detonation devices.

However, I'm pretty certain DarkDragon has a serious complaint here. As far as I know, the rule applies to carryon luggage, not all luggage, so there was no reason for his iPod to be confiscated.

However, please note that the TSA most likely did not confiscate your iPod. It was most likely an employee of the TSA, which is a horse of a different color. Making that kind of generalization would be similar to assuming that everyone that plays WoW is a lifeless failure based on the number of lifeless failures that play the game. Baggage theft like this was pretty common before as well, so it's just kind of a sad thing.

What's even more sad is it's getting to the point where if I were to fly, I'd insist on bringing nothing but clothes, which is so inconvenient as to make me consider alternative forms of travel if they are available. Maybe there could be "terrorist-safe" flights where the rules are strictly followed and "unsafe" flights where the passengers signed a waiver that allows them to bring stuff like small electronics on board?

ZTC
08-22-2006, 01:57 PM
I hope the person who swiped your Ipod goes deaf. That really sucks =/

Archibaldo
08-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah, probably just some disgruntled employee searched your bag and decidd he'd like to steal your iPod.

Jigglysaint
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
I hope the person who swiped your Ipod goes deaf. That really sucks =/

I know it's been years, but I'd say that would be a good case of Karma Bitch.

SSJ3500
08-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Am I the only one who read this title and thought it would have something to do with The Silent Assassin?

...I've been here for too long...

Masamune
08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Am I the only one who read this title and thought it would have something to do with The Silent Assassin?

Dude seriously. I started reading and thought "now why the fuck would TSA follow him to the airport and steal his shit...?" I just didn't want to say anything so I could avoid looking like a total idiot. :O

Tygore
08-22-2006, 08:44 PM

I thought that as well, heh.

Drunken Tiger
08-22-2006, 10:48 PM
All your ipods belong to us.

ZTC
08-23-2006, 02:56 PM

when I read the title for the first time, that's what came to my mind
and speaking of "KARMA, BITCH!", I've been hearing it once in a while in the area (maybe because the water in town is tainted...:googly: )

Jigglysaint
08-24-2006, 12:36 PM
All your Karma Bitch are belong to Snakes on a Plane.