PDA

View Full Version : 2 Big problems

The_Amaster
08-21-2006, 10:15 PM
I think these might be beta bugs, btu because I know nothing, I thought I'd make sure I'm not just missing something.
1.) In the first level, I make a giant chest, that works fine. In the second level, I make another chest, IDENTICAL to the first one, and it opens, with no item inside.
2.)To pick up bombs, do you need both the items Normal Bomb, and Small Bomb bag. Cause, see, I've got a "8 Bomb ammo" item, that when picked up gives no bombs at all.
PS: One that I know is a bug, if you select certain items on the init. Data screen(Like small bomb bag), when you play you dont have them, and when you reload the quest, the box is unchecked, no matter how many times I save.

Freedom
08-21-2006, 10:46 PM
I was under the impression the bomb bags weren't implemented yet.

In init data did you give yourself a max bomb value?
If it's set to 0 then 0 is how many you can carry.

The second chest, it sounds like you didn't set a room type to special item and select a special item to go in the chest.

The_Amaster
08-22-2006, 09:02 AM
I don't know about the bomb bag.
Yes, I have the max number set to eight. Interesting thing is, if I pick up the item "Bomb, Norman", it gives me four bombs. If i pick up the item "Bomb Ammo. 8", it doesn't. Not even if I picked up "Bomb, Normal" First.
And yes, the room type is special item, and the item is set.(Power Bracelet for those who care)

Freedom
08-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Did you try setting the armos=item (#10) flag on the chest?

Like I said above, I'm pretty sure the bomb bag/bomb ammunition system isn't completed yet.

The_Amaster
08-22-2006, 11:59 AM
THAT'S IT!! Armos item. I knew I forgot something. Any idea how I can get bombs? Only the miniboss in the next room is a Dondongo.

Love For Fire
08-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Set the max bombs in the init. data greater than 0. Then you will be able to pick up bombs.

You can get bombs by getting a bomb upgrade, buying them, or defeating many blue enemies, and some red ones (Darknuts, Wizzrobes and Goriyas in particular). And then there's always the dodongo trick, but that requires bombs to use first.